spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JeffinKenner
@cox.net

JeffinKenner

Anon

[LA] Bonded upstream channels?

I have the SB6212 modem SB612X-1.0.5.1-SCM00-NOSH.

I'm only getting 4 down and one upload channel. Am I supposed to be getting 4? I'm in the Great new Orleans area.

Channel ID 2
Frequency 28050000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 3626
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/sec
Power Level 42 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM
[3] 64QAM

Ranging Status Success
blakej06
join:2006-08-23

blakej06

i am on the westbank but we are both on the new Orleans system and i have NEVER bonded upstream channels in fact i think you get more upstream channels per node than i do
i get the
Channel ID 1
Frequency 24850000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 280
Power Level 43 dBmV
[2] 16QAM
[3] 64QAM
and we have
Channel ID 2
Frequency 28050000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 280
Power Level 44 dBmV
[2] 16QAM
[3] 64QAM

we do not even get the
31250000 Hz or 34450000 Hz on my node because of ingress that hasn't been fixed i know they still do load balance so if you don't bond upstream your modem should shuffle between the upstream channels on your node. after a while of uploading check your channel if it isn't bonded it should be on a different upload channel,but you will not notice it,it usually doesn't disconnect.
they are still doing work as they keep telling me but i dont know if its system wide. and they give not date of completion.

kv2009
join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
·Cox HSI

kv2009 to JeffinKenner

to JeffinKenner
I believe we were among the first areas to bond upstream here in Kenner, months back. I did notice some issues with uploading files - the transfer speeds would bounce around pretty consistently. A few weeks after they turned upstream bonding on, they turned it off and it has never been back on since. Other areas around the city and country have it turned on though.

Your upload speeds will remain the same, regardless of how many upstream channels you bond due to throughput caps. So unless Cox plans on increasing our upstream speed by quite a large bit, upstream bonding really isn't necessary. Now if the equipment is in place, but not turned on, it would be a huge waste of an investment in the upgraded hardware to not utilize it's advantages.

Personally, I think Cox needs to significantly increase upload speeds on all tiers. The world is moving forward and Cox always seems to be in last place when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm on Premier and it should have a 10Mbps upload. Ultimate should have 20 minimum. With upstream bonding, especially when you're bonding 4+ 64QAM channels on a 5.12Msym/s symbol rate, 20Mbps upload is not an issue at all and can be achieved.

JeffinNO
@cox.net

JeffinNO

Anon

I need to buy a new cable modem. I think the humidity and heat from the hurricane gave it hell. I may get one directy from a cox store this time. A tech came out and tested for 2 hours. He said my lines were perfect but stil have the dreaded no upload issue, which is sporatic. I'll try a new modem.