uniqs
lawrence171
join:2001-12-24
Canada

lawrence171 to HeadSpinning

to HeadSpinning

Re: Distributel's new un-friendly policies

said by HeadSpinning:

When we get a declined credit card, we e-mail and postal mail a notice before shutting off the account. We don't currently charge a decline fee, but probably should since the account has to go to manual handling until the outstanding balance is collected.

While I agree that it is inconvenient to you guys and affects your cash-flow, sometimes, these things happen. The customer just simply have forgotten it, hopefully, not intentionally.

Doesn't the billing system automatically fire off an email to the client in that case, and try again as soon as the CC information is updated? That how 3WEB/Distributel did it in the past.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by lawrence171:

Doesn't the billing system automatically fire off an email to the client in that case, and try again as soon as the CC information is updated? That how 3WEB/Distributel did it in the past.

We never fully automated our fallout process for billing. We don't have a huge number per week, so it never became a high priority.
carcajou
join:2012-10-16
Riviere-Beaudette, QC

carcajou

Distributel always had a reputation for decent TOS and decent customers service, but a certain fact has been bothering me lately.

They bought Acanac in 2010 and Acanac probably has the worse business practices in the industry when it comes to problems resolution with customers and the Terms of Service.

How come Terms of Service and business practices are so different in those 2 companies if they are supposedly in the same family of companies ?

I wish a rep from Distributel would care to explain.
lawrence171
join:2001-12-24
Canada

lawrence171

I have no idea, but Acanac is also cheaper than the current Distributel plans.

It's the closest to what I had with 3WEB, in terms of service cost and bandwidth allowance (unlimited)