share rss forum feed

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:29
reply to garabed

Re: [DSL] Over 3 months of Issues with no solution

Yes, if you decide to break contract then you get charged the $250 ETF. This is because if you do so, we have to break our contract with Verizon, and they charge us the $250 ETF, so we pass this charge onto you. It has nothing to do with trying to waste your time nor money; frankly, having to process ETF is a waste of our time too, and we don't make any profit off it either (we just break even). We'd much rather get you back online with no problems like most of our customers.

You say you've called in 'over 20 times' and you've received the exact same troubleshooting answers each time? Consistency is an indication of good, methodical troubleshooting. If you had called in 20 times and kept getting random answers pulled out of a hat, THEN I'd be worried about the quality of the technicians. Two plus two does not equal five. How many times can you do the same thing with the same results? If everything is done correctly, you should ALWAYS get the same results.

Science and experience dictate that if you drop an object, it should fall and strike the ground; if you drop an object and it does NOT fall, then that doesn't completely invalidate everything you know, but rather means there is some other piece of information you have failed to take into account. Similarly, our experience with troubleshooting gives us a very clearly defined set of tests with clearly defined conclusions based on the results of those tests - and if your tests are providing 'impossible' results, then that means that either one or more of the tests were performed incorrectly, or there is some other piece of information we have failed to take into account. In recognition of this, I've pointed out some additional testing you can perform, as well as offered to have another technician dispatched out to re-test on-site. If you don't want to take me up on my offer, then that's up to you, but there's not much else I can do.

GARABED

@verizon.net
I don't think I am breaking the contract, DSL extreme is not providing me the service I signed up for. You say it is me I say it is you. I can provide my tests that say it is you and you have Verizon's info that says it is my inside wiring. I can say I have spent days at sites and I literally mean days with Verizon blaming it on the customer. If it wasn't for me refusing to leaving the site until the issue was resolved then I would have gotten the same treatment I am getting from DSL Extreme. I just don't have the time to spend doing that, I pay for the service and I expect it to work I have done everything from rewiring to testing at the NID I always get the same result. The last Verizon tech that was here didn't even want to talk to me when I caught him outside and specifically asked him what the issue was so I could show him what I was seeing and we could compare the two.

This issue did not happen out of no where, it specifically started after Verizon visited my location to correct a different issue I was having and unless they did something to my wiring it is too coincidental that this happened. For all three pairs of my inside wiring to go bad doesn't make sense.

I don't know what you expect from me after 3 months of this nonsense. Send someone again to retest hopefully they will want to answer a question this time.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
Actually, if there's a problem with how the inside wiring is connected to the phone box, that could certainly cause all three jacks to simultaneously return errors. An unfiltered phone plugged into one jack will cause problems for a DSL modem plugged into any other jack on the same line, for example.

I'm submitting a request for another dispatch for you. As I asked about earlier, we do need to make sure that the technician has access to the phone box, so please make sure there are no locked gates, dogs, etc. that would prevent access to the phone box.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
We had a port change carried out last night, have been monitoring... seeing good sync now, 3155 down/861 up. How does the connection seem to be working on your end now?