Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to Canaca

Premium Member

to Canaca

Re: CCTS Annual Report

said by Canaca:

It's an ongoing process and one that I put allot of resources into. In the end it's a balance. It's also about perception. For example your comment above in regards to Acanac getting no referrals. It's the exact opposite. At this time a good portion of our orders are coming from referrals and not direct advertising.

Sure although if you still have the referral program I can see why. »www.acanac.ca/Referral-P ··· ram.html

The problem with that is people will refer other people only to get the financial incentive i.e. free internet. What would be interesting is seeing the stats of referrals and if they stay longer than 6 months and that would tell the complete picture.

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Canaca

Premium Member

I can tell you that we have one of the lowest attrition rates in the industry. (Year over year)

We target a certain type of client that on average is looking for the best bang for the buck.

Let's assume we hired another 100 staff members while also increasing the rates and reducing the bandwidth allotments to cover the costs.

In my opinion this would be detrimental to the company. It's simply not our target market.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

The problem is and I admit a challenge for every industry is, no matter the cost you will sooner or later have to raise rates or risk your customer base as you keep growing. Teksavvy I think ran into almost exactly the same situation and could have ended up in a bad situation.

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of business but I have seen those situations frequently and it's a tough spot.

Value propositions like offering referrals can also cause or increase problems if the customer specifically chooses to subscribe only because of that.

Zilch
@videotron.ca

Zilch

Anon

Ebox has zero complaints. I don't even see their name on the list!

Just say'n.