Search similar:

uniqs
David3941
join:2000-12-27
Kalamazoo, MI
·Comcast XFINITY

David3941

[HSI] My Mother-In-Law HSI problems

AGH! I was told today that I had to go to my Mother-In-Laws house to fix her mail problem. She has not had any email since Oct. 10th of this year. Hmm... First I thought I had forgot to change her Outlook Express settings for the servers(I set her up with Att/yahoo act. years ago and she won't change). Then I found internet browser won't connect. Reset the modem, no go. OK change the DNS servers, I have had problems at my place with Charter and their DNS servers. Still a no go on connecting to the web. So a call to Charter and their automated repair. Ended up with a Charter Rep. and was asked some questions. Does your TV service work?(Football game on) How about your phone service? I am talking to you right now on it. You have a net outage in your area. My response was IT MUST BE LONG BECAUSE my mother-in-law gets email about every day and hasn't had any since Oct 10th! Long story BUT Repair is coming on Sunday(very nice) to fix the problem.

lineofsight
join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL

lineofsight

Is this PC connected straight to the modem with a Ethernet cable?
What is the model of the modem?
What are the signal levels? Can you reach »192.168.100.1 ?

What is the IP address of the computer?

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit to David3941

to David3941
Have you tried another mail program besides OE? I thought MS was leaving it behind, and some people were having problems with it now.

Regardless, if you try to retrieve her mail with Opera, SeaMonkey or Thunderbird you may find out if the service call is necessary.
David3941
join:2000-12-27
Kalamazoo, MI

David3941

Waiting on service call for the modem. Modem won't conect. I should of check if I could get online first, before screwing with the mail settings(which I did restore). This will be the second modem in 6 months.

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

Sorry I misread your OP, I ithought you just weren't connecting to the Charter server for her mail. I see now, you said connecting "to the web".

Lineofsight and I thought you might be more anxious to get online, than waiting until Monday.