how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

josh macrae

@charter.com
reply to wm4bama

Re: [Exede] Do not get this if you want to play online

this is in no way true i talked to a tech as i already stated above i was told word for word "im sorry Mr macrae you can not play xbox on this internet" i was also told that maybe it was the type of game i was playing a fps but i dont just have fps games i tryed other games and none worked so i find this hard to believe so this is me trying to warn others not be told how im wrong i know what i know and that's just it i got lied to for that dollar bill just like everything else in this world today so whats new but i win this time

wm4bama

join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

said by josh macrae :

this is in no way true i talked to a tech as i already stated above i was told word for word "im sorry Mr macrae you can not play xbox on this internet" i was also told that maybe it was the type of game i was playing a fps but i dont just have fps games i tryed other games and none worked so i find this hard to believe so this is me trying to warn others not be told how im wrong i know what i know and that's just it i got lied to for that dollar bill just like everything else in this world today so whats new but i win this time

Josh, somehow you miss our point...the point is don't go to satellite internet unless you live in an area that dial-up is your only choice...that said..

If you are one of us that live in remote areas where dial-up is our only choice then Exede12 is a real blessing..it works great, it has a latency of about 600ms...other than that, with their AcceleNet technology web pages load in 1 second or less, download speed for me averages 18-20mbs...much faster than some DSL services in rural areas..

And yes, Xbox does work pretty darn good on Exede12...not as good as avarage DSL or 3G or 4G...but plenty good...too many customers testify to this on the WB/Exede forum...some tell others how to configure Xbox for best results and to wait for the Late Night Free Zone (LNFZ, 12am-5am) to download large Xbox updates and large games for the Xbox...

Again, satellite internet is not recommended, nor should it be considered, unless that's your only option except dial-up...

I'm not trying to dispute what you said or what you were told, but I think what you were told is not true now with Exede12 services..
--
Exede12, ViaSat-1, beam 342, Albuquerque Gateway, Denver AcceleNet servers

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

said by wm4bama:

Again, satellite internet is not recommended, nor should it be considered, unless that's your only option except dial-up...

Not always true...There are two WISPs I could use. To access the good WISP requires a 100' tower or a repeater setup (bridge mode) with a solar battery setup, and for the bad WISP, just outdoor ethernet cable. Bad WISP has outages, and much slower speeds than the good WISP.

Both charge the same $49.95/month

If Verizon converts all towers to 4G, I might be in luck, next year...if all towers are converted, including those in the sticks.