ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to shof515

Re: ont back up battery

I cant believe people are bitching. In what way are the cable companies BETTER in this situation? FiOS is BY FAR the better service during electrical outages.

So the cable companies MIGHT backup their fiber Node, how the hell does that help you if your modem has no power?

Most Cable VoIP phone service does NOT have a battery backup.

If you have a generator and backup your house, all your FiOS services should be up and running.

FiOS has NO ELECTRIC between their office and your house, their offices have backup batteries and generators.

WINNER: by far, FiOS during electric outages.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

I agree.. I was shocked I had TV services and phone 15 hours after the power went out..

I did see a fiber node box that is open on the street above me.

Expand your moderator at work

bhan261

join:2001-02-12
New York, NY
reply to DonLibes

Re: ont back up battery

Really? You must live in a "special" Comcast service area because I have Comcast at a second home where there are repeated power outages and Comcast has NEVER recharged batteries at their remote amplifiers during an outage. When the batteries die, so does Comcast's service.

DonLibes
Premium,ExMod 2001
join:2003-01-19

said by bhan261:

Really? You must live in a "special" Comcast service area because I have Comcast at a second home where there are repeated power outages and Comcast has NEVER recharged batteries at their remote amplifiers during an outage.

Yes, our franchise and local laws have a number of requirements not found elsewhere. Our franchise authority and citizenry can be very aggressive.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

That ONT battery is pretty big. I can't believe it won't power a phone for more than eight hours. I get more than eight hours use out of my iPod Touch and that has a very tiny battery.

whsbuss

join:2007-08-10
Norristown, PA

said by billhere:

That ONT battery is pretty big. I can't believe it won't power a phone for more than eight hours. I get more than eight hours use out of my iPod Touch and that has a very tiny battery.

I got 12 hours digital phone service before it sounded the BBU alarm.

ITALIAN926

reply to shof515

Remember everyone, once the BBU "dies" it still has a little juice left in the battery to make an emergency phonecall. See "emergency use" button on BBU.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

Is that button under the cover? Mine is one of the older BBU when Fios was just rolling out.

ITALIAN926

Guess the older ones might not have it , the new ones do though.

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

All the BBUs have an "Emergency use" button. It is on the box that has the Battery in it. If you have an All in one inside ONT , it is on that unit.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

I will check for it

hubrisnxs

join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA
reply to shof515

if power restores and you plugging back in the Battery back up unit doesn't restore service, verizon has an automated ont reboot for their website.

follow these instructions
»forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Te···p/276345

For an automated wizard to help with FiOS restoration, click here.
»www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZ···NTReboot

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT
reply to shof515

Mine has no button..

Pictures