spc
uniqs
MomOfARocker
join:2009-06-07
Canada

MomOfARocker to chrisretusn

to chrisretusn

Re: Avast Partners with Facebook

I've stated quite clearly twice now I don't have a problem with the feature being in their product but I do have a problem with not being able to turn it off. I have also been speaking in regards to NIS 2013 not Avast. I do not use Facebook and have no intention of ever using it so don't require my Security Suite to have such a feature. If it's included, fine but let me turn it off if I so wish. And I never said anything about having a perfect Anti-malware that works 100%, please do not put words in my mouth or my post rather. And I have no yahoo accounts, no Gmail. I have one Hotmail account that I've had since 1999 which is only used for signing up for things and nothing personal. The only other email I have is the one provided by my ISP and yes my Symantec scans that mail. My post was not about an antivirus scanning email though it's about NIS adding a feature that can't be disabled.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
join:2007-08-13
Philippines

chrisretusn

Premium Member

If you don't use Facebook then what exactly is the problem. This thread is supposed to be about Avast and it's partnership with Facebook. Specifically this:
said by "AVAST Partners with Facebook to Stop Malware-Infected Link Sharing" :
AVAST’s collaboration with Facebook is a seamless experience for Facebook users. Whenever someone clicks a link within Facebook, Facebook checks the URL in the AVAST cloud, in real time. If the URL is infected, the user sees a message warning of the potential threat.
MomOfARocker
join:2009-06-07
Canada

MomOfARocker

If you don't know what my post was about by now I'm not going to repeat it a third time.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium Member
join:2007-08-13
Philippines

chrisretusn

Premium Member

said by MomOfARocker:

If you don't know what my post was about by now I'm not going to repeat it a third time.

Not a problem.
said by MomOfARocker:

So sorta like the same thing with NIS 2013 that everyone over in the Norton forums is up in arms about. Many users are choosing not to upgrade (myself being one) and many are reverting back to 2012 or leaving Norton all together. I'm not planning on leaving Norton but I have no interest whatsoever in having anything to do with Facebook on my security program especially when it is currently not possible to disable it. So till that's changed I'll stay with the 2012 version.

»community.norton.com/t5/ ··· p/804724

Avast partnering with Facebook is not even remotely the same as Norton Toobar adding a Facebook share icon. This about providing a service to Facebook users. There is no change to the Avast program. It will only affect Facebook users.
said by "avast! blog ยป Facebook connects with AVAST to protect users" :
AVAST is sharing its Virus Lab data with Facebook in the combined attempt to prevent malware being shared unknowingly by Facebook users. Whenever someone clicks a link within Facebook, Facebook checks the URL in the AVAST cloud, in real time. If the URL is infected, the user sees a message warning of the potential threat.
I see this as a positive step for Facebook users.