Los Angeles, CA

isamu99 to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_

Re: Preview of Twc torrent Throttling?

Hmm, I'll have to monitor this...
nevion
join:2010-04-13

nevion

I live in culver city of la and I have to say I've been thinking this myself but after a while the timing of it meant either congestion or congestion control. So I got TWC down to my apt a few weeks ago and there was of course nothing wrong with the setup here except....he couldn't download at anywhere near my account's stated speed and neither could I... on a sunday in the early afternoon. I have 15/2 and I get only 400k every week night until the ams and this degradation happened over the last few months. The speeds showed up on TWC's speed test as well as all the other speed tests + kernel.org (one of few legit tests IMO).

You know what they said after calling home to figure out wtf was going on? The local node is operating at 95%, whatever that meant. The language they used suggested it may have been CPU usage rather than straight up bandwidth. The tech at my apt said he'd seen this before a few blocks over... I asked if he thought they'd upgrade the hardware soon or something and he was vague about it... I said I'm screwed right and he pretty much ack'd. I've seen this kind of thing from UC Riverside before with charter.... it won't get better for a long time.

Less than one year ago I had no issues of this kind, now my friends laugh at it as they're pulling down 2-8MiB/s... I went back to 2005. At least on most of the hours of the day.

I think the only choice I have thanks to local monopolization is to move.

williamray507
No More Mr Nice Guy
Premium Member
join:2001-10-04
Huntington, WV

williamray507 to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
I think I would notice if they were throttling, considering this month alone according to there usage meter I have downloaded 408GB, and over the last 5 months 2019GB...

Daily view for November 1, 2012 - November 30, 2012
Total usage for this timeframe is 408 GB*

Daily view for October 1, 2012 - October 31, 2012
Total usage for this timeframe is 416 GB*

Daily view for September 1, 2012 - September 30, 2012
Total usage for this timeframe is 499 GB*

Daily view for August 1, 2012 - August 31, 2012
Total usage for this timeframe is 429 GB*

Daily view for July 1, 2012 - July 31, 2012
Total usage for this timeframe is 267 GB*
(Im guessing they started in July)
camaroz
join:2002-10-23
Longwood, FL

camaroz to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_
Depending on your OS, this could even be due to something like "Max Half-Open Connections". If you exceeded the default limit in previous versions of windows, it would cause all kinds of problems. Might want to look into it. Also try disabling DHT, and see if that helps.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

said by camaroz:

Depending on your OS, this could even be due to something like "Max Half-Open Connections". If you exceeded the default limit in previous versions of windows, it would cause all kinds of problems. Might want to look into it. Also try disabling DHT, and see if that helps.

thank you that has all ready been disabled on the OS

has unlimited half open.. and has been

10 as the max does not solve anything

10 x factor there for the limit on the OS is stupid in general.