All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
kcrupp
join:2002-02-11
Allen Park, MI

kcrupp to sk1939

to sk1939

Re: Are you upgrading to Windows 8 on your gaming machine?

said by sk1939:

said by kcrupp:

This is with the taskbar "up"

Wait, so minus the "Start" menu (which I find myself using less and less), and the Metro UI, how is this different from Win 7? I think I'll save my $40 for something decent, like MoH, Halo 4, or *gasp* Microsoft Office (2010, because 2012 is entirely on the cloud).

Well, as I stated, there's a lot of little things that impress me. But the over riding reason I upgraded now is the price, Its going to cost a hundred dollars more to upgrade after December. Having said that, now that I've actually upgraded, I would say to wait. Yes, there are problems. Driver and accessory support just isn't there yet. Razer says my Copperhead might get a driver in November. Ect, Ect. Ect... Adobe?....pffffffft. No new flash support yet. I mean, come on. Win 8 has only been in beta for 6 plus months.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

untill after december?? pff that means everyone will prolly get a copy as there christmas present... rip off MS, thats all i gotta say but the more the people buy it, the more the expense of total on it rises..... I would not be surprised if MS got over a million dollars because of this either. oh well