spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JeffinNO
@cox.net

JeffinNO

Anon

[LA] Registering new modem?

Will I have to call or will the self registration page come up? Last time a page came up saying I had to call.
m8trix
join:2003-12-24
Chandler, AZ

m8trix

most of the time you will have to call
gkeawe
join:2011-03-08
Norman, OK

gkeawe to JeffinNO

to JeffinNO
yes, you will have to provide the MAC address to the new modem.

JeffinNO
@cox.net

JeffinNO to JeffinNO

Anon

to JeffinNO
After all the fustration I had over upload speeds, I decided to replace a SB6121 with another 6221. The heat and humidity from a week without power (Issaac) must have damaged a component. The new modem I purchased today passed all speed tests on the first try.
JeffinNO

JeffinNO

Anon

The issue is back. No upload speed. I have a new modem, new router, and the tech found no signal issues. It has to be something in the cox network.
gkeawe
join:2011-03-08
Norman, OK

gkeawe

I expereienced the same issue recently, however I woke up one morning to 4 bonded upstream channels. I think cox may be transitioning your market, I waited along time for cox to update our upstream channels in my area, I would read posts here about people not more than 10 minutes from me getting bonded upstream channels and wonder if I would be getting it as well. I think it cox is doing their best to service the areas in need then other areas.

I've been on the ultimate tier for over a year and so far my upstream speeds are pretty consistent since getting the bonded upstream channels. I think it won't be long before you are getting it too.

What tier of service do you have?

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA

odog to JeffinNO

Premium Member

to JeffinNO
register, then PM your modem MAC I'll take a look.

JeffinKenner
@cox.net

JeffinKenner to gkeawe

Anon

to gkeawe
It could be that. I also think I have some noise in the box outside. Its continually trying to change signal channels for upload. If they are just doing upgrades, it's very invconvenient. Peple aren't 100 percent of their potential connection for $50/month or more while this is going on. I have another tech coming out tomorrow. I hope he can find it.
jeffinKenner1
join:2012-10-29
Kenner, LA

4 edits

jeffinKenner1 to odog

to odog
ODOG, I sent you the info. I'm glad you can try to help. Upload has had issues, but now my download is suffering too. I'm having another tech come out to check the line quality. The last one said there was nothing wrong but a "little noise" in the outside box. That didn't sound good.

Speed test would be like this 18000 download 120 k upload. Today it was worse, 5000 download, 200 k upload

Ping seems unusually low when this is happening. It used to be 18-22 ms. Ping is unusually low when I have the issue, its 10 or less when upload doesn't work. I use speedtest.net, cox test in internet tools, and cox business speed test.

1. Tried 3 different computers directly connected to modem.
2. Purchased a new cable modem. Started happening again.
3. Tried with router like I orginally had it.
4. Purchased a new router. Tried 3 I had plus the new one. Same thing.

It started 2 weeks ago. I have never had this problem since I've been with Cox.

Model Name: SB6121
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB612X-1.0.5.1-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.
Hardware Version: 5.0
Serial Number:
Firmware Build Time: Dec 21 2010 15:52:06
jeffinKenner1

jeffinKenner1

Thanks ODOG.
JeffnKenner1
join:2012-10-31
Kenner, LA

2 edits

JeffnKenner1 to JeffinNO

to JeffinNO
Channel ID 4
Frequency 34450000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 707
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/sec
Power Level 40 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM
[3] 64QAM

12:36am

SB6121
JeffnKenner1

1 edit

JeffnKenner1 to JeffinNO

to JeffinNO
Click for full size

Intermittent noise is frustrating. Things swing from great to bad in milliseconds.
JeffnKenner1

1 edit

JeffnKenner1 to JeffinNO

to JeffinNO
Interesting article.

»blogs.cisco.com/sp/docsi ··· oadband/
JeffnKenner1

2 edits

JeffnKenner1 to JeffinNO

to JeffinNO
JeffnKenner1

JeffnKenner1 to JeffinNO

to JeffinNO
There is a node problem in my area. That was causing my upstream noise.

JeffnKener
@cox.net

JeffnKener to JeffinNO

Anon

to JeffinNO
The node they said they were going to work on is acting up again. Producing upstream noise. I think it's near the Windsong apartments.

JeffinNOLA
@cox.net

JeffinNOLA to JeffinNO

Anon

to JeffinNO
They say they fixed something in a node last night, but problem came back. My case elevated once again. My signals look fine to them, but they say there was upstream noise coming from the node in my area. It worked for 2 days then back to the same old thing. Good download, but unresponsive upload. They are sending out more people to figure it out.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

I just received a new modem (thanks odog See Profile ) and was ready to call when I didn't have to booted it up, and it was up and running with the page. 10 minutes later, the net was back up.

-Rob

JeffinNOLA
@cox.net

JeffinNOLA to JeffinNO

Anon

to JeffinNO
The tech eliminated any possibility of my home wiring causing any issues. He escalated the problem to the "plant". Its been working great today.
JeffinNOLA

JeffinNOLA

Anon

I wish this type of result would happen more often. I still think they are working on the upload issue.