uniqs

removed
Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

Re: "Going Paperless"

Roadblock #1: I want to generate a backup of their data before proceeding with the NAS disk upgrade. I have a Genie Backup Manager Pro 8.0 license on one of the workstations and have tried to generate a backup, but the application crashes about 60% into the process. GBM's error log doesn't show any useful information as to what happened. Do you guys know of any free/reasonably priced (preferably free) tools that can be used to copy all of the data from the network share to my external USB disk and (this is important) verify that it's all complete?
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns

Premium Member

said by removed:

Roadblock #1: I want to generate a backup of their data before proceeding with the NAS disk upgrade. I have a Genie Backup Manager Pro 8.0 license on one of the workstations and have tried to generate a backup, but the application crashes about 60% into the process. GBM's error log doesn't show any useful information as to what happened. Do you guys know of any free/reasonably priced (preferably free) tools that can be used to copy all of the data from the network share to my external USB disk and (this is important) verify that it's all complete?

ms sync toy

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· id=15155
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

+1

Once you use SyncToy, you'll never go back to anything else for massive file copies like that. It's great for updates too (manual backups for example) as it can be told to only copy new/changed items instead of everything (or having to sit though a bunch of "file exists" dialog boxes in explorer).