uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mastr Blastr
Born 2 Rock
Premium
join:2003-10-20
Hartford, KY

[OS X] Alternative for Outlook 2010?

I've been using a Mac for about a year now and I love it. My question is, is there a better alternative out there besides Outlook 2010. That thing is slow, poor featured, and buggy. We use Outlook at my job so I need something that will share calendars and do Exchange email. The native mail client and calendar client just won't cut it for me. I've considered running a virtual Windows environment just for Outlook but this seems like a real hassle. Any ideas?

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

What it is about Outlook 2011 Mac that isn't working for you...what features are missing? I haven't experienced any bugs per say, perhaps it is something that can be fixed?

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to Mastr Blastr

Regardless of the platform (Windows or Mac), Outlook is the best option for connecting to an Exchange server.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to Mastr Blastr

Mail / Calendar

What's wrong with it?

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
reply to Mastr Blastr

said by Mastr Blastr:

We use Outlook at my job so I need something that will share calendars and do Exchange email.

I dropped Mail after a very short time and use Thunderbird for mail. For calendar, I still use the native OS X app. It does support CalDAV protocol, which Exchange supports as well. Otherwise, I've never investigated any calendar alternatives. On the other hand, all I really want in Calendar is the ability to edit an event without having to re-send the invitation !

Poorfellow

join:2008-03-16
New York, NY

said by Hall:

said by Mastr Blastr:

We use Outlook at my job so I need something that will share calendars and do Exchange email.

I dropped Mail after a very short time and use Thunderbird for mail. For calendar, I still use the native OS X app. It does support CalDAV protocol, which Exchange supports as well. Otherwise, I've never investigated any calendar alternatives. On the other hand, all I really want in Calendar is the ability to edit an event without having to re-send the invitation !

You use Thunderbird for MAPI connections to an Exchange organization? The user will probably want that as much as calendaring.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium
join:2002-06-22
reply to Mastr Blastr

I can either use Mail or Outlook with our exchange server at work. Both seem to work equally fine, but yeah, Outlook does lock up and spin from time to time for varying periods.

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA
kudos:1
reply to Mastr Blastr

Love my Outlook. Don't find it slow, buggy, or lacking in features. I can state without hesitation that it beats the pants off Lotus Notes!!

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH
reply to Hall

said by Hall:

On the other hand, all I really want in Calendar is the ability to edit an event without having to re-send the invitation !

That would be nice. The only other problem I have with Calendar is when I get an invite from someone else, I end up with two entries in my calendar. One is showing I've accepted and the other shows as waiting for my reply. If I try to delete that one, it wants to send a message that I've declined.
--
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.