uniqs
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger

Re: San Fransisco police getting drones

Link Logger See Profile, if you, by posting your last three in a row solo posts here, try to sell your drones to us or recruit new drone pilots, you're in a wrong place. And this forum is not a billboard for your selling pitch. It's just getting ridiculous to see all that spam, don't you think?

Meanwhile, I'll just repeat the question, that you've avoided to answer:
said by OZO:

I know that you, trying to sell the drones, don't care. But ask the rest of the people. Do they want to see your drone to go vertical right above their heads?

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

Link Logger

MVM

Sorry not selling drones, and not looking for drone pilots, but trying to educate people that this technology is moving far faster then most people could even imagine in so many ways. I am one who agrees with James Burke in that unless people understand what is going on with technology, they won't be able to understand where its going or be able to influence it. In a few short years drones are going to be everywhere and doing a lot of things, some things you might like and some you might not, but once the cat gets out of the bag, it ain't going back in it.

Blake

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by Link Logger:

...once the cat gets out of the bag, it ain't going back in it.

That depends on the cat and the bag...
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to Link Logger

Premium Member

to Link Logger
Not every new technology should or will survive. For example, in past century some folks were excited to see how their feet fit new shoes right in the shop. Of course, later they discovered, that the X-ray, while being a new and "wonderful" technology (as some, selling it, pitched that at the time), could be very dangerous... But wisdom usually comes after an excitement.

While policing us from the sky could, for some, seem "exciting" new technology, I'm confident that people don't want to see new drones starting falling from the sky right on their heads...