Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank to wesm

Premium Member

to wesm

Re: Stories from a Frustrated Frontier CSR

said by wesm:

Attacking Phillip for what he wrote is attacking the messenger. I happen to be fairly certain, based on my experience both in IT and in tech support, that the Frontier reps' anecdotal evidence is skewed. If every Frontier customer--or even a majority of them--experienced all or most of the problems described in the articles, Frontier would be bankrupt. Obviously they're doing something right, especially in markets where they have competition, because people still voluntarily sign up.

I think Phillip did a good thing by posting the letters. But I do not think it is universally accepted by the Frontier customer base that Frontier is doing a good job at addressing issues. I do believe the individual that wrote the letter has addressed several issues that Frontier management absolutely needs to address based on my personal experience and the postings by others in this forum.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

I definitely agree. Phil's passion for this industry and how honestly articles are presented on his website is well known by myself and others who have known him for years here on the internet. He presents the facts an an honest and fair way. I have no reason to doubt what this Frontier CSR has written.

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium Member
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA

spewak

Premium Member

I agree with Phil's assertions concerning the validity of the CSR also.

UCSR
@50.126.209.x

UCSR

Anon

I can tell you for a fact that most of what was in the 3 part letter is true. Here are some of my own things.
Speed have gotten worse for the long time customers because High Speed Internet is all Frontier is focused on. Yes it is a money maker, but after the conversion, the ports were uncapped(but the speeds were capped) and we crammed as many connections in we could with no consideration for the speed issues to come. The modem charge was insane. The modem upgrades were a nightmare, because we were not equipped to handle the number of modems requested.
For existing customers who called in to get the newest deal, when the internet order was worked and their speeds got worse. Well the speed was capped for a slower speed than you had before and it was changed with the order.
If someone would call in for a repair call, they may find out later that they were placed in a new verbal contract so the rep could earn a few commission points.
Techs do not show up to jobs time after time and notes say "no time" some claim they tried to call customer, but customer says they had no missed calls. Most of the techs do work very hard, but that still doesn't excuse a no call/no show. And from where we sit, we have no way of knowing until you call in and tell us. Once the order/repair is placed it goes to dispatch and out of the CSR;s hands.
The prices we are given to quote(it is a universal matrix for all call centers) never match up with what actually gets charged on the bill.
Wrong promotional flyers get sent out to the wrong areas. Opps sorry we had an email about that and you do not get those prices.
Our systems tell us one internet speed and the techs tell the customer another, we never know what speed to sell.
We double debited your acct, well that goes to another department and you will have to prove we did it and then wait 2 -3 months to get a refund or pay $25.00 to get it faster.
You order unlimited phone with voice mail included, but have a charge for $2.99 feature pack, well the rep got 6 more points for that and then you have to call in to question it and have it removed.
We are always having more and more added that we have to sell, doesn't matter if you called in to complain about your bill or down grade because you can't afford what you have......we have to SELL SELL SELL and get written up if we don't.
As for what was said about all the call centers basically getting along, well they don't want that. We are pitted against each other on a daily basis. Who can get more points and win the big prize, doesn't matter how you do it.
On hold for a while, don't worry. A lot of rep will hurry and tell you it is all taken care of. Because we get in trouble if our handling time it too long on one call.
Bundles billing with Dish, I won't even go there.

There are a great many complaints cause on the company level and a lot caused by unethical reps. Wish there was a way to fix it, I for one like to sleep at night with a clear conscience, knowing I did things right for my customers - to the best of my ability.

One complaint I have read on a lot of different sites is people wanting quoted the full price, tax and all. We have no way to calculate tax for the many states and counties we serve. We do not have tools to do this.
Sorry for the rant just wanted to get some of it out there. Would probably end up writing a book with everything if I don't stop here.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Thank you!