Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

silentlooker
Premium
join:2009-11-01
reply to Pathfinder

Re: MTA Shutdown

Finally power is coming back. I have relatives in both NJ and NY and both of them got power back today.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TrainBuff

The governor said once the power is restored the F and R train can resume service into Manhattan within 2 hours. He did not mention anything about the D or N train which concerns me.

Edit : I still don't know if those shuttle buses are running 24/7. The latest
I know someone who has taken it was 8:30pm.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

I don't know what is going on, but technically there is no "dark" zone in Manhattan anymore.

Straphanger
Express is Back
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-08
Whitestone, NY
kudos:2
reply to MuDvAyNe

I think service over the Williamsburg and Mahattan Bridges (B/D/N/Q/J/M/Z) will be restored by Monday at the latest. The A/C and 4/5 tunnels are also high on the list for restoring.
--
Please use all available doors...you have 33 to choose from.

MuDvAyNe
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

The 4 and the 5 were restored earlier today. I was able to catch the 6 take
The 5 to Atlantic and the D the rest of the way. So much less stressful and easier than the shuttle bus!! The N is still the easier way for me to get to work.
--
Mets, Cowboys, Devils

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Buffalo, NY
kudos:4

»www.mta.info/

Latest updates!

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
reply to MuDvAyNe

The D is running through now. The Q and N are probably out for at least a few more days. Their rights-of-way were lakes with beaucoup debris in them.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
Buffalo, NY

»www.flickr.com/photos/mtaphotos/sets/

Some pictures of the damage and restoration work.

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
join:2000-03-26
Mount Vernon, NY
reply to TrainBuff

Anyone have any idea why the A is only going north to 168th St? I haven't heard of any damage north of that.

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to DC DSL

Well, Q is back between Kings Hwy and Atlantic. F is running 179-Avenue X, and D is running 205th-Bay Parkway. Probably still issues with the Montague (R) tunnel and/or problems with the switches or other infrastructure along the Broadway BMT keeping the south side Manhattan Bridge (N/Q) tracks from rejoining the club. (It could also have something to do with why the J still isn't running south of Essex.)
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to Pathfinder

said by Pathfinder:

Anyone have any idea why the A is only going north to 168th St? I haven't heard of any damage north of that.

Bigtime flooding at 207th and Dyckman.
--

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
Mount Vernon, NY

Thanks. That is exactly what I thought but never saw anything in the news. It was all about lower Manhattan.

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC

I saw pics of them pumping Dyckman...one of their media handouts.

Apparently Cranberry (A/C) and 53rd (E/M) were to the ceiling, along with the Midtown and Battery tunnels. I'm guessing the L tunnel was the same story.

South Ferry on the 1 is seriously borked. I was surprised to see the Whitehall Street (R) station seemingly bone dry. I wonder what the *old* South Ferry station is like, since it also has a loop track used by the Lex.
--

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

said by DC DSL:

South Ferry on the 1 is seriously borked. I was surprised to see the Whitehall Street (R) station seemingly bone dry. I wonder what the *old* South Ferry station is like, since it also has a loop track used by the Lex.

where are you getting your info from?
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC

mta.info plus some friends who work for NYCT.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

we must have the same friends

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to Pathfinder

Some scuttlebutt I'm hearing (though not yet confirmed by NYCT so this is to be treated ONLY as rumor/speculation): The epic boondoggle that is the new South Ferry station on the 1 may very well have to be completely rebuilt. The flood appears to be the straw that broke the camel's back wrt all the things that were done wrong building it. If that is indeed so, they may have to restore the "old" South Ferry station for interim passenger service.

I repeat, this is rumor, not anything officially being reported or confirmed by NYCT.
--

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
Mount Vernon, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DC DSL

Finally found this on Facebook. Haven't seen anything about thisin the news.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ
reply to DC DSL

said by DC DSL:

Some scuttlebutt I'm hearing (though not yet confirmed by NYCT so this is to be treated ONLY as rumor/speculation): The epic boondoggle that is the new South Ferry station on the 1 may very well have to be completely rebuilt. The flood appears to be the straw that broke the camel's back wrt all the things that were done wrong building it. If that is indeed so, they may have to restore the "old" South Ferry station for interim passenger service.

I repeat, this is rumor, not anything officially being reported or confirmed by NYCT.

Ha! You really have the same friends I do.

--

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC

said by AVD:

Ha! You really have the same friends I do.

In which case you understand why I won't name any names or sources other than the officially sanctioned ones.
--

DC DSL
Premium
Washington, DC
reply to Pathfinder

The M is now running through the Chrystie connector between Jamaica Center (E platform) and Metropolitan Av.

Rumor is 53rd Street stations expected back for Monday AM, possibly including E service.

Some talk of the M going to 179th once E returns, allowing F to run express on Hillside and Queens Blvd to alleviate crowding. E may be local with M along QB until R returns.

If lower Broadway reopens before Montague tunnel, R via bridge. Q thru-service replaces N entirely until Montague & Sea Beach restored, or N Astoria-Whitehall if conditions allow running there. Once Montague is reopened: R Continental-95th; Q Astoria-Kings Hwy (Hopefully Sheepshead Bay or Brighton Bch by then). Possibility the N stays out completely until Sea Beach can run to Kings Hwy.
--

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
reply to Pathfinder

So supposedly the 4/5/6 are back in service. I can't begin to imagine the kind of clusterfux this will be tomorrow, seeing as it's the only line going straight through into Brooklyn and lower Manhattan at this time.

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
Buffalo, NY

»www.mta.info/nyct/

Progress is being made. Here are more updates.

Expand your moderator at work

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to TrainBuff

Re: MTA Shutdown

Thanks for the update.

I took the train to work this morning. The ride was just like it was before the storm, back to normal.

Take the train folks. It worked fine for me this morning.

Agree with jmirabella.. I don't see where it says this forum is for NYC city slickers only.

AVD
Premium
Onion, NJ

said by Network Guy:

Thanks for the update.

I took the train to work this morning. The ride was just like it was before the storm, back to normal.

Take the train folks. It worked fine for me this morning.

Agree with jmirabella.. I don't see where it says this forum is for NYC city slickers only.

Subway is good, NJ Transit is the real life ClusterF.
--

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
Buffalo, NY

»www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.···AlertsTo

»www.mta.info/nyct/

Here are the updates for both the subways including MN & the LIRR along with NJ Transit.
If you see an MTA employee, please thank them for the hard work that they are doing to get the system up and running.
--
Train Yourself To Relax...Ride The New Haven Railroad! Weather or No...Go New Haven!
The New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad Co.:1872-1968. Serving New York and the Great Industrial States of Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut

TrainBuff
The New Haven Railroad
Premium
Buffalo, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Network Guy

said by Network Guy:

I didn't see what was written before it was taken down. I may live in Buffalo, but I'm a city slicker since I was born in Brooklyn. And I do care about the city and it's residents. Plus, I'm a subway buff along with being a fan of the former NHRR.
--
Train Yourself To Relax...Ride The New Haven Railroad! Weather or No...Go New Haven!
The New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad Co.:1872-1968. Serving New York and the Great Industrial States of Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut