share rss forum feed

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
reply to Lurch77

Re: Dual Flush Conversion

I put in dual flush toilets about a year ago, the model picked by the city in fact. Seemed like a great idea, but this particular model takes two "light" flushes just to clear the liquids, so every flush ends up being the full anyway.
--
Intel i7-2600k /ASRock P67 Extreme4 /4x 4Gb G.Skill /2x Intel 510 series 250Gb SSD /3x WD20EADS 2TB /2x PNY GTX 260 /Silverstone 850W /Custom water cooler /Antec Twelve-Hundred

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
Yes I have read about that. What I like about this thing I got is it is adjustable. As I said it took a bit of messing around to dial it in just right, but it's there now. The manufacturer gives you a separate instruction sheet for installation, and another for dialing it in. You can can get very exact with it if you really wanted too, marking water levels and using a container to measure the exact water amounts. I didn't do any of that, I just did the basic setup and it works fine.

The tricky part was when you use the minimum flush that works, the tank refills before the bowl gets back to it's normal level after the flush. So I had to increase the minimum flush a bit so that refill time was long enough to also refill the bowl.