Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
reply to JPedroT

Re: Anyone using Zyxel powerline products?

I did notice that the forum had initially indicated that we should see products this year but that has since been moved back to next year. I'm not sure if this means they're having (insurmountable?) problems with the technology, or if they lied to their investors about when things would be up and running in order to garner more interest up front, or if they're just slow. It seems the "roll-out date" of 2013 was in the video I linked, but it could have been somwhere else.

So anyway, that's probably why products are difficult to find at this juncture. But it seems many months sometimes go by without much activity so I'm worried the whole thing could go the way of the dodo bird. Perhaps it sounds too good to be true?

Here's to hoping!

JPedroT

join:2005-02-18
kudos:1
Things always takes longer times, I spoke with Sigma Design about 1+ year ago and they where also none committing to most things then. But now they claim they have a chipset solution if you look at their website.

I know that Aware got out of the "data communication" game on the chip side.

Anyways, I want it and I want it now, I think it can be quite a killer, but the question is, how well does it actually work vs Powerline vs Wireless.
--
"Perl is executable line noise, Python is executable pseudo-code."

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
said by JPedroT:

I want it and I want it now

/nod

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
and a pill to cure all diseases. One day dslpardner you will forgo technology and discover people.