reply to Lurch77

Re: Dual Flush Conversion

40% increase in water rates? Ouch.

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
kudos:4
Yeah, it hurts the wallet. But we are still more fortunate than some other WI communities.

quote:
Unfortunately, Oconto was not the only municipality to have a water rate increase order issued by the Public Service Commission. According to the Summer/Fall 2012 issue of Wisconsin Water Association, these were some of the overall percent increases recently issued: Alma 89 percent, Eastman 99 percent, Green Lake 52 percent, Hurley 67 percent, Knapp 76 percent, Maple Bluff 38 percent, Mattoon 73 percent, Sheboygan Falls 40 percent and Wautoma 36 percent.

Just a reminder to everyone, that a portion of your water bill can be paid each month, in advance, just so it doesn’t hit all at once. I still hope to find a way, to bring it down in the future.

»www.greenbaypressgazette.com/art···er-hikes

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
said by Lurch77:

Yeah, it hurts the wallet. But we are still more fortunate than some other WI communities.

quote:
Unfortunately, Oconto was not the only municipality to have a water rate increase order issued by the Public Service Commission. According to the Summer/Fall 2012 issue of Wisconsin Water Association, these were some of the overall percent increases recently issued: Alma 89 percent, Eastman 99 percent, Green Lake 52 percent, Hurley 67 percent, Knapp 76 percent, Maple Bluff 38 percent, Mattoon 73 percent, Sheboygan Falls 40 percent and Wautoma 36 percent.

Just a reminder to everyone, that a portion of your water bill can be paid each month, in advance, just so it doesn’t hit all at once. I still hope to find a way, to bring it down in the future.

»www.greenbaypressgazette.com/art···er-hikes

Do you know why your water bill is going up so much? In my area they are saying there is record low usage, are you having the same problem? I can't imagine that it is a sourcing problem as you are within close proximity to a large body of fresh water much like myself.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin

Lurch77
Premium
join:2001-11-22
Oconto, WI
I don't know enough about it to elaborate, but it comes down to an incompetent local government. Something about they had to change the fee structure because they hadn't been in compliance with rules and laws for a long time. Most of the people in the know around here are saying the city is calling it a fee when in reality it is a tax. We just elected a new mayor, and she is working on getting answers.