uniqs
share rss forum feed

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to RalphKramden

Re: xfinity TV App

I noticed on mine about a week ago I wanted to set a recording for a week in advance and everything more than 24 hours old was TBD or TBA? I thought maybe it was an error or something but I only use the app every once in a while when away from home. Is it still doing this?
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

PaulGo

join:2005-01-29
Gaithersburg, MD
It is still doing this! What happened to Comcast quality control. does comcast want to be in the running again for the worst company in America?

not

@comcast.net
reply to FifthE1ement
Yep, still messed up. There's definitely a problem with the backend at Comcast that started a couple of weeks ago. This is getting old, but I'm wondering if it's somehow related to their new X1 products. Maybe they're trying to move this app that way and it's not 100% seamless. Who knows, but if anyone works for Comcast, call your damn supervisors and push the info up the chain. They need to hear it.

cableguy303

@comcast.net
Open app and go to More-Channel Lineup-Add Location. Enter your zip code, and once your location is set the guide will load and the app should start working.

not

@comcast.net
said by cableguy303 :

Open app and go to More-Channel Lineup-Add Location. Enter your zip code, and once your location is set the guide will load and the app should start working.

That's not good enough man. And I already did that to get around this issue, so thanks for your genius tip. :rolleyes:

The point is that if the Comcast app is going to automatically pick a channel lineup based on account info on the backend, then the app should work as designed. Obviously you guys screwed something up on the backend that was controlling this and now your temp workaround is to specify the local zip until you release an update for the app. That's just not good enough. You need to update the app to fix this problem along with a longstanding time/date switch issue on the guide that's been overlooked ever since the app was built.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by not :

said by cableguy303 :

That's not good enough man. And I already did that to get around this issue, so thanks for your genius tip. :rolleyes:

The point is that if the Comcast app is going to automatically pick a channel lineup based on account info on the backend, then the app should work as designed. Obviously you guys screwed something up on the backend that was controlling this and now your temp workaround is to specify the local zip until you release an update for the app. That's just not good enough. You need to update the app to fix this problem along with a longstanding time/date switch issue on the guide that's been overlooked ever since the app was built.

It appears that you do not understand that this forum is comprised of customers helping each other, not Comcast employees.

not

@comcast.net
There's a good chance that cableguy303 works in the industry. That's why it was worded as such. Also, "his fix" I thought and applied when I first ran into the issue. I'm not your average novice user. This thread was posted to get someone at Comcast to notice and resolve the issues on their backend... something they have yet to still do and it's been confirmed as a problem on their end.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

said by not :

There's a good chance that cableguy303 works in the industry. That's why it was worded as such. Also, "his fix" I thought and applied when I first ran into the issue. I'm not your average novice user. This thread was posted to get someone at Comcast to notice and resolve the issues on their backend... something they have yet to still do and it's been confirmed as a problem on their end.

Even if he works in the industry, he's not a mind reader and had know way of knowing what you had already tried. He was just trying to help. I doubt anyone else will try to help you now after the poor attitude you have displayed.

If you want someone who actually works for Comcast to see your complaint, post it in the Comcast Direct forum. Although your post title shows publicly, the posts are private between you and the Comcast representative- no one else can see them. You would need to give your name and account information so they can research your specific problem.

not

@comcast.net
Mind reading isn't required. Reading and comprehending the OP is however. Go back and read the 3rd sentence in the OP. Blatantly states that putting in a ZIP does pull up the guide as a workaround. So... ya. Nice try.

Also, I've already been back and forth with Comcast as stated in another post here. They're scratching their heads because it's on the backend and they can't fix it. Most likely another update to the app, once they're done testing the newly integrated X Guide options will fix this, but they're dragging their feet with it.

tbare54

join:2008-07-28
Fort Wayne, IN
reply to owlyn
My data for Fort Wayne Indiana , 46808, has not been working for a couple of weeks. Tried changing zip code and it will not let me save new zip code. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling app

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to not
said by not :

Mind reading isn't required. Reading and comprehending the OP is however. Go back and read the 3rd sentence in the OP. Blatantly states that putting in a ZIP does pull up the guide as a workaround. So... ya. Nice try.

Also, I've already been back and forth with Comcast as stated in another post here. They're scratching their heads because it's on the backend and they can't fix it. Most likely another update to the app, once they're done testing the newly integrated X Guide options will fix this, but they're dragging their feet with it.

Fine, but you either want help or you want to complain. I pointed you to where you can get help. Sounds to me like you'd rather complain, so, as they say on Shark Tank, "I'm out."

timtom

join:2012-11-15
reply to not
said by not :

Do not like it do not use it It is simple.

not

@comcast.net
said by timtom:

Do not like it do not use it It is simple.

No, it's not that simple. I'd rather they fix it and know there's a problem then you just pass by it and say screw it. That's how things don't get fixed.