JpKa0tik to kickass69

to kickass69

Re: Hurricane Sandy-Frankenstorm Outages/Issues/Updates

Holbrook NY (11741) - no power no Optimum - since 6pm EST Monday
NJ_Ray
join:2005-02-11
Dunellen, NJ

NJ_Ray

Green Brook, Dunellen, Piscataway areas, no Internet, IP phone, TV since Monday night at 8pm, damages to cables all up and down 529 in Middlesex Co.
Stay safe folks.

Subdivisions
@optonline.net

Subdivisions to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
Lynbrook - Full Service/Speed

Lindenhurst - Between Rt 109 and Straight Path Along Wellwood Ave, Power restored an hour ago, cable services all Down.
RayGeode
join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

RayGeode to kickass69

to kickass69
Blake st norwalk restored 4pm today, power, and internet, and telephone. Have not checked tv yet

AnEx
@mycingular.net

AnEx to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
At 4:53 pm Wed, still no power in the Shippan area of Stamford CT.
I see no damage to lines from places w/ power leading to Shippan Ave. I'm sure further into Shippan there are down wires/limbs.
AnEx

AnEx

Anon

Spoke a bit too soon. As of 5pm Power And Cv Internet/voice services were restored. I don't have CV for tv so I can't comment on that

SHoTTa35
@mycingular.net

SHoTTa35 to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
Fairfield, CT got power again last night but still no CV services. Headend in Bridgeport and basically the whole town still has no power so i'm guessing that's why. Used an iPad personal hotspot on Verizon (LTE) today to connect the office. Boss was all surprised I got that to work. Used my home router with DD-WRT and created a Client connection with the WIFI and shared the network with the 24port switch. Only used 800MB today for the whole office of 11 people. Not bad

Oddly enough, Stratford, CT lost power too but my coworker has Optimum Voice and it works (i'm sure that connects to the Bridgeport headend also? So wtf?) and "internet" - seems her DNS is down though or something as she can only get to her homepage of Bing. Figured i'd try changing her DNS since all other links just fail.

kramer30
join:2001-07-24
Saddle Brook, NJ

kramer30 to kickass69

to kickass69
No TV or Internet in Saddle Brook

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
TV and Internet up fully in Manorville... Lost for about 12 hrs Monday into Tuesday.. But also retained full electric power throughout as well.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
I have been seeing Optimum trucks out here restoring service
AhnFire
join:2004-07-22
Scarsdale, NY

AhnFire

Scarsdale, NY (near Yonkers, ardsley)... We have power, but tv/phone/Internet has been down since some time early Tuesday morning.

StreetSpirit
This spot reserved for Xenu.
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Roslyn, NY

StreetSpirit

Premium Member

Roslyn NY - Just got power back a few hrs ago.
Neptune/Ocean Brooklyn [11224] - Power came on about 9pm.

Right before power died in Roslyn, I lost one of mo newer motherboards.

Phone and network are on.
d3vnu119
join:2002-01-09
Stamford, CT

d3vnu119 to kickass69

to kickass69
Stamford, CT power is on glenbrook area internet im not so sure. If I plug the link into my laptop I get a 69.114.246.xxx address which works if I plug into my linux router I get a 24.185.176.xxx address which does not wok. Not sure if this is storm related. Anyone with any thoughts ?
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to kickass69

to kickass69
No power since 8 pm monday. Now using optimumwifi while waiting in line to get gas.

ehuser
@adp.com

ehuser to d3vnu119

Anon

to d3vnu119
Very few of us have power in East Hanover, but lost CableVision Internet on Wednesday morning ( a after the storm passed ) . No ETA from CV.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

Bridgeport, CT - power came back and so did OOL - seems to be right away also.
psbny
join:2002-01-06
Peekskill, NY

psbny to kickass69

to kickass69
hopewell jct, ny. have power, have all cvc services though one neighbor and myself have many missing channels and various channels showing up on wrong channel numbers.

tiger_scout
join:2010-02-20

tiger_scout to kickass69

to kickass69
Got cable and internet back this afternoon in south suffolk.

georgermct
PERFORMANCE
join:2000-05-12
Fairfield CT

georgermct to SHoTTa35

to SHoTTa35
said by SHoTTa35 :

Bridgeport, CT - power came back and so did OOL - seems to be right away also.

Got my power and cable back tonight to but one cable box is dead (surge maybe)?

Needed to reboot one box because it didn't load right on first boot when power came back.

OptimumLoyal
@mycingular.net

OptimumLoyal to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
The funny thing is that All optimum services are out since Monday here near Totowa NJ and my neighbors who have FIOs they didnt even lost services during the storm. Now I have to think what Ishiuld do soon. Cablevision has not responded my last message I sent for at least to tell me an ETA on how soon the services will be back or closed to be back online.
eaw3c1
join:2012-11-02
Suffern, NY

eaw3c1 to kickass69

to kickass69
Everything in Suffern was fine during and after the storm. Half of the town was out. Tonight at about 9:30pm everything went out and the boxes keep on resetting. The online indicated says everything is fine. Called Cablevision and their response is no ETA and no clue when service might come back. The gentlemen on the phone told me anywhere from 12 hours to 4 weeks. YIKES!Honestly I miss FIOS, everyone around me has it and they have service. I am using a Verizon iPhone 5 with LTE to connect but this is going to cost me a fortune.

VinceA
join:2000-08-29
Bayonne, NJ

VinceA to kickass69

to kickass69
Well, after posting my speed report... I lost power Monday PM and still don't have it back in Bayonne, NJ

wave_sailor
join:2001-04-23
united state

wave_sailor to kickass69

to kickass69
Bloomingdale tv out sometime before 2:58 a.m. It was working fine after we lost power on Monday and got it back on Wednesday late afternoon.
wave_sailor

wave_sailor

tv on now.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bob4

To Microsoft: I'm in ur store using ur Internets.
nltech
join:2007-06-13
West Haverstraw, NY

nltech to kickass69

to kickass69
West Haverstraw went down at 11:30 last night. The system and then live tech gave an eta of 5am this morning but I and person i spoke to across town are still down. Now they are saying a pole is down, gave no eta and the tech rattled off towns 30 miles away that it effects.

Jim88
@myvzw.com

Jim88 to eaw3c1

Anon

to eaw3c1
Seems like we are losing ground. In Sloatsburg, my service was never interrupted during the storm and it went out last night around 11:30PM and is still out, TV, OOL and OV. I monitor several servers around Rockland for businesses and most of my clients had come back online over the previous two days. Last night, OOL service to two clients was restored just prior to my connection going down. Now all my clients with Optimum are offline, including the ones who just had service restored. Maybe they fixed one thing and broke something else or maybe some auxiliary power generation failed. I doubt we will ever find out.

nltech2
@myvzw.com

nltech2 to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
West Haverstraw went down at 11:30 last night. The system and then live tech gav e an eta of 5am this morning but I and person i spoke to across town are still down. Now they are saying a pole is down, gave no eta and the tech rattled off towns 30 miles away that it effects.
nltech
join:2007-06-13
West Haverstraw, NY

2 edits

nltech to Jim88

to Jim88
Maybe that down pole was to a major hub-data center. Like I said the tech was rattling off towns all over as it relates to the pole beong down.

edit: heard stony point went down to last night.
edit: 11am all service returned.

Sorry for anon double post above. Mods pls delete anon double post.

pa prowler
join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA
·Optimum Online

pa prowler to kickass69

to kickass69
Click for full size
We lost the network last night around 11:30PM. I noticed the above on the channels that now require a digital box. Is this what they use to generate that "Digital box now required" screen? Pretty low tech stuff. Would have been nice if they just allowed the old unencrypted stuff through during these difficult times, at least until they recover from this.