how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

buildersboy

join:2009-07-10
Dunnellon, FL

Linksys X2000 New Firmware-IPv6 Implement

version 2.0.04 is available now at linksys. If you have issues with it I have the last two prior firmware versions for those who need them.

buildersboy

Dunnellon, FL

1 edit

Please disregard this post. At this time the new firmware is blocking certain "cookies" and you will not be able to log in various websites. Linksys will not give out prior firmware so do not download it/install. A few posts down is 2.0.03 firmware for annex A.

Oiink alex

@tiscali.it

Hi...i need the old 2.0.03 firmware to fix the bad situation caused by 2.0.04. My x2000 is italian (HW revision 2 - Annex A). Do you have this firmware?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Ciao,
Alex

buildersboy

Dunnellon, FL

1 edit

2.0.03 for annex A

file attached

pinot

@telecomitalia.it
reply to Oiink alex

ciao anchi'o ho problemi con la versione 2.04 ho provato a scaricare la tua versione zippata ma non riesco ad aprirla puoi aiutarmi te ne sarei molto grato

Arby68

@frontiernet.net
reply to buildersboy

I have v2.0.04 build 007 (current release as of 2-Nov-2012) and had the problem with cookies.
Under Security/Firewall in the X2000, I had to _CHECK_ the cookies field for my PC to work with sites like google, amazon, linkedin, and others. I think they might have the flag reversed, but not sure. It sure is un-intuitive though. If you are having problems with web logins, shopping carts, etc. Give it a try. I hope this helps.

Max Doubt

@mtco.com

I installed the "v2.0.04 build 007 Oct 9, 2012" firmware update yesterday. My browser is Firefox v16.0.2. I've done a lot of surfing over the past 24 hours, all kinds of sites, some I allow cookies in my browser and some I deny. So far I have not experienced problems with cookies or any other problems.

pinot

@telecomitalia.it
reply to buildersboy

puoi aiutarmi non riesco ad aprire il tuo file zippato, mi da errore ciao grazie

buildersboy

Dunnellon, FL

I cannot read spanish, if its related to a zip file....save it to a folder and double click on it...drag the file to the folder where the zip file is located. When doing your firmware downgrade "browse" to location of file.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

2 edits

said by buildersboy:

I cannot read spanish.

With the help of »translate.google.com/ when they said

quote:
ciao anchi'o ho problemi con la versione 2.04 ho provato a scaricare la tua versione zippata ma non riesco ad aprirla puoi aiutarmi te ne sarei molto grato

they mean in English

quote:
hello anchi'o I have problems with version 2.04 I tried to download your zipped version but I can not open it you can help me I would be very grateful.

#2 To user(s) who needs help downloading that file:

One must be logged in as member of this site to download files over a certain size (2MB).

--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

Oiink Alex

@ttnet.com.tr
reply to buildersboy

Hi...thanks for posting the firmware...it solved the issues and rolled back
I hope linksys will do best on firmware testing!!!

buildersboy

Dunnellon, FL

Note:

If you put a checkmark in the filter cookies box running 2.0.04 this will clear up problem. It is working in reverse.

buildersboy

Dunnellon, FL
reply to buildersboy

Linksys has received my configuration file for 2.0.04 and this is an update on what has so far been discovered.

Some have reported that leaving the "cookies" box unchecked is allowing cookies. This would be true because you are not enabling QOS. Once QOS is enabled the X2000 then blocks the cookies and you would have to place a check mark in the web filtering "cookies" to allow them.

It is likely there are more issues and it would be wise to wait to update your firmware from 2.0.03 . There will be a new release sometime soon according to Linksys. Thanks to all who have called them to report the issue.

bigeyes0x0

join:2012-11-10

@buildersboy: Thanks for posting 2.0.0.3. It helps me get away from the problematic 2.0.0.4.

For me beside the cookies issue, UPnP also doesn't work correctly. It does the mapping but doesn't open the firewall, so actual incoming connections can't be made. It's really annoying.

@All: Any of you have the same UPnP problem, on 2.0.0.4?

Max Doubt

@mtco.com
reply to buildersboy

Adding to my comment a few posts above: I mentioned having no cookies issues, but that seemed to only apply to my wired connection. When I tried a couple of computers connected to the wireless, they did indeed have trouble negotiating cookies. I tried the temporary fix of checking the box at Security -> Web Filters -> Cookies. Everything is working well now as far as I can tell.

Additionally I have reported the issue to Cisco's customer service department. As others have noted, they simply refuse to provide a previous version of the firmware. They actually went as far as to authorize replacement of the router, which I consider a pretty silly and costly solution to their problem. I have decided to just wait until the next firmware upgrade is issued. (Although my X2000 is one that does not have a power switch, and I'd really like to have one with a power switch. I've seriously considered swapping it for their replacement just to get that! )

Max Doubt

@mtco.com
reply to bigeyes0x0

In addition to other 2.0.04.007 problems described in this thread...

The pop-up window at Setup -> DHCP Reservation doesn't show any information. The reserved IP address for my main computer seems to be working. The router hasn't issued a different address since I installed the firmware, but that pop-up screen doesn't list any reserved addresses, or show any devices at all for that matter..

Also the Status -> Local Network -> DHCP Client Table contains no information. Normally this would show the currently issued addresses of all my computers and my wireless DVD player. It just shows the column headers and doesn't even build a table.

I'm surprised Cisco is allowing these issues to just hang out there without some sort of remedy.

patavinus

join:2012-11-21
reply to aefstoggaflm

i can't download the old firmware anyway, and i logged in. It downloads only 1mb more or less

buildersboy

Dunnellon, FL

1 edit
reply to buildersboy

2.0.03 attached

please do not delete

Spez

@..denwuerttemberg.de
reply to buildersboy

Hey,

I'm so glad to found your Posts. I'm from Germany and really need the prior firmware version of the X2000 for ANNEX B. I tried 2 hours to install the router at the customerplace, with no luck, because of the failling DDNS-Updates...

The X2000 is effective blocking our DDNS-Updates, also the Software-Dyn-Updater on a Windows-Client...

Could somebody please provide me the 2.0.3 Firmware?
You would really help me out...

Thanks in advance
Regards Spez

kegley

join:2012-12-01
reply to patavinus

said by patavinus:

i can't download the old firmware anyway, and i logged in. It downloads only 1mb more or less

I have this same issue. The download always stops ~ 1 mb.

Spez

@..denwuerttemberg.de
reply to buildersboy

Hi again,

does nobody have the old firmware for annex b?
i had a long and unsuccessful live-chat with cisco, they really dont supply the old firmware and disconnected me after they could'nt help me... :-(

col555

join:2012-12-04
reply to kegley

Bildersboy you Legend cheers 2.04 is corrupt you saved me days of hassle facebook login

Gavo

@t-com.sk
reply to Spez

I need older 2.0.04 firmware too.

New release Build 7 removed parental control by trend micro .. please help

buildersboy

Dunnellon, FL

If link to download firmware is not working I will send it to you via email with "X2000" in the subject field of your email.

buildersboy@att.net

floatingkiwi

join:2005-11-27
france

Could you email it to me please? I also can't download more than 1 meg. floatingkiwiatyahoodotcodotnz

buildersboy

Dunnellon, FL

1 recommendation

Note:

2.0.04 has NOW been pulled from Linksys downloads page. It is showing the prior version 2.0.03 for download. Do not count on another version, as to take down 2.0.04 after all this time only to be replaced by 2.0.03 tells me this is at end of life. No fix for the WPS-Reaver attack issue, no IPv6 implement. When IPv6 becomes necessary look for another brand of equipment. Cheers to all those I helped, Im so upset at Linksys right now its beyond belief. 2.0.04 should have been fixed after all this time...ALL THIS TIME...only to be reverted back to 2.0.03.