s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to s1deout

Re: [MoP] How to motivate the rest of my guild

Just and update again - last nite we got our 1st kill!!

2nd night with the new guild tank and we had the swaps down like clockwork.

We had to pug a dps still but since we had 9 guildies in raid we got the guild kill!!!

Now onto the next bosses on Sunday.

Looks like we are finally back on track.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
awesome! thanks for the update.

Redawg81
T3h N3wb

join:2001-08-04
Jacksonville, FL
reply to Skittles
LoL I would of been like fuck you later bye!!

Just Sayin

R3d

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to s1deout
Picked up another dps that had raided with us the last 2 nites.

Now we have a full raid comp.

Spent our first full nite on Feng , did not down it but got him down below 30% almost ever try with our best being 24%.

Depending on the dog combo might lock it or go fresh on Tuesday.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Awesome news! Congratz!

Dog combo should be one of the easier ones... jade, cobalt, amethyst. Just a lot of movement (so if you are hard-casting-class-heavy, it might still be a problem).

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
Yes we are all caster DPS except for tanks right now. We run fire mage x2 , Spriest , boom chicken , warlock for DPS . We run Holy priest , holy pally , resto druid for heals , and warrior and myself as a DK for tank.

A side note I did ding my 3rd 90 this weekend. 1st one in the guild to level 3 toons to 90.

I seriously think I am done leveling for a bit. lol.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
What spec is your lock running? Our undergeared destro/demo lock was having trouble with all of the movement in the dog fight.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
Affliction. From what we read that is the best raiding spec right now. He currently is on the lower side of the dps right now for us but does have his moments where he hits in the top 3.

If he uses affliction spec and then goes to mr robot just be warned that the one build that wants you to be underhit capped does not perform as well , he found that out the hard way.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
One thing that has never changed is the value of hit or expertise. Hitting the hit/expertise caps on every champ is absolutely vital. Hit cap is much more important than just a stat weight. Obviously, it's already weighted as a heavy stat in the number crunchers, but there's a human element to it. When you've mastered your character, you're expecting a certain rotation. When you're hit capped, nothing should fail. Certain abilities require dependent abilities to activate. In the chaos, if you "miss" a spell, you may not realize it until a few seconds later and your other spells suffer as a result.

When a gear refresh takes place, my priority to get hit/expertised capped immediately over all other stats. For casters, it's just hit. For melee, it is hit and expertise. Only aim for the yellow-attack hit/expertise caps. Don't try and cap out your white damage.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Casters can use expertise now also though

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
My 90s are currently a DK (Frost) and a Monk (Mist). I did not know this.

I don't even understand how that mechanic would work.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
said by Archivis:

My 90s are currently a DK (Frost) and a Monk (Mist). I did not know this.

I don't even understand how that mechanic would work.

Seems there's a exp to hit conversion now
so if you say need hit and you're reforging an item that already has hit you can forge it into exp to get to hit cap.

An addon I use called reforge lite does this automatically.
though as you get better gear it stops forging into exp as its less needed to get to hit cap.

and races with a exp bonus for some weapon type can get spell hit out of that.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I will look into the reforge addon, thanks. The reforginator addon I used from the last expansion doesn't seem to want to function properly anymore.
--

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
Like a rogue needed 15 hit and 7.5 exp, they made it coincide so when exp is at 7.5, so is hit. instead of hit to 15 and exp to 7.5

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Archivis
With reforge lite you have to mess with it some.

but by default it'll prioritize hit.

I had to add haste and the 2nd stat and set the soft cap I wanted to hit then put the value after cap at zero.

so far its managed to nail the hit cap quite nicely and get very close although a little over on haste. (though the soft haste cap might have moved with nether tempest over LB.)

it'll even calculate the reforge cost, and it can auto apply the reforges (just talk to the reforger tell it to calculate then click show and then apply.)

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
reply to s1deout
Dark i use it also for my main my mage, and love it. Reforge lite does it all in one click. Just play with it and get the numbers how you want it instead of a preset and Voila.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
ya much more accurate than the add-on-less way.

and no need to relog like the websites need, or to tab in and out to double check the forges.

though leave the 1st stat as spell hit cap, it'll auto adjust for when it has to forge into exp.

right now it has me bang on at 15.00% spell hit.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
I am also Draneri so it counts my 1% as well.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
now humans can get it too, if they use the weapon for their race.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
Any good gear addon? I am getting a complete set for my frost spec. Just wanted to know if there are any gear add ons. I have never really used them.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I try to stay addon lite so I can't answer your question.

I only started using reforge lite because the website I had used stopped being as good when 5.0 hit, and then found it handy to enable it when I need to reforge.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to cigtyme
said by cigtyme:

Like a rogue needed 15 hit and 7.5 exp, they made it coincide so when exp is at 7.5, so is hit. instead of hit to 15 and exp to 7.5

Rogues only need 7.5 of each for yellows, white damage it's at 25%, which right now is impossible to acquire, unless you gem for it but at huge DPS loss because Agi>hit