s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to Archivis

Re: [MoP] How to motivate the rest of my guild

It might come to that. If we can't find a people to build our guild then the wife and I are talking server xfer .

Sad thing is I just xferred over all my 85's about 9 months ago.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Never raid on a low pop server. Missing players? You can go to trade chat and pick up 3 within 5 minutes.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

There is only one solution to this problem.

Mal'Ganis - Horde side.

Archivis has a very good point. The server has a lot to do on this, last night I joined a trade pug, it was 6 guildies and us 4 pugs we went in with no expectations and we downed dogs and got feng to third phase with our best attempt at 15% before people (mostly the pugs) left. Then the rest got together and went to the Summit and put a Sha kill together in minutes.

Now we have to say this, even if you don't get in with your guild people has to be self motivated enough to do whatever it takes to go in experience and learn the fights.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

Never raid on a low pop server. Missing players? You can go to trade chat and pick up 3 within 5 minutes.

1 min apart.
--

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
reply to s1deout

Well the person quit due to the dailies and the grind of so many of them. Yes you can gear via Heroics, get to 460, grind the LFR, but just like in an Amway pyramid system, that toon will always be behind the person grinding the rep.

Anyone with a toon lying arround send me a PM. If this breaks rules of recruitment, let me know and i will tear it down.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to Jobbie

Yea I hear you about being on a low pop server. Although our's is a medium pop one. There as a MV raid last nite looking for about an hour for 3 or 4 people.

As far as going horde , never been horde , always been alliance so not sure how that would xfer over if I server transferred.

Our guild goals:

1. Successfully raid current content with 10's. Not hardcore but not casual either.
2. Build a solid bench with a couple of replacements.
3. Provide a friendly guild atmosphere where people are not pressured into raiding or anything else.
4. If you do commit to raid , then you fully commit is all we ask.

We have one person who has like 3 90's but does not want to raid and just enjoys playing the game.

Guess for now I will have to play on both sides of the fence. Trying to build our raid team and keeping my options open for a new home.

Any server suggestions for xferring?

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA
reply to s1deout

transferring the whole guild, or just you??

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to s1deout

said by s1deout:

Any server suggestions for xferring?

Mal'Ganis horde-side

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

1 edit

Must kill horde.

Being on a PvP server has caused me to kill random horde

sorry you took a quest mob, you must die now.

or

sorry I thought you were a quest mob, but you attacked back so you die now.

some unknown horde killed me, you die now.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to s1deout

We have unlimited raiding, no dependency on a guild, a level 25 guild for a home (if you want).

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

Must kill horde.

Being on a PvP server has caused me to kill random horde

sorry you took a quest mob, you must die now.

or

sorry I thought you were a quest mob, but you attacked back so you die now.

LoL Since now I have 90s on both factions, I've been enjoying killing both Horde and Alliance equally. It is really cool to be able to see both sides of the story and it will get better with the next patches.

@s1deout: It doesn't hurt to try new things, if you want to see the horde side feel free to transfer to Mal'ganis Aftershock and for Alliance we have Pride and Ego on Nathzreim and Pandora's guild. All of them have DSLR folks to play with.
--

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to cigtyme

Just the 3 of us. Me , tank , wife - heals / dps , son - heals / dps

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix See Profile

Also,

Lies, mages never die, ever.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

said by Jobbie:

said by DarkLogix See Profile

Also,

Lies, mages never die, ever.

Well I was doing the elite mob for GL dailies (it was the spider)
and I didn't realize that an horde was attacking me, I thought the adds were just hitting hard, then I died and realized a horde got me.

I still got kill credit even though I was in ghost form.

I think it was a dirt rotten mob stealin preist that I had killed a bit before, and they made use of the elite to get me.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to s1deout

said by s1deout:

Just the 3 of us. Me , tank , wife - heals / dps , son - heals / dps

If you don't mind playing Horde, Aftershock offers a high pop server where PVP is simply not a concern (because it's like 96% horde), a highly experienced raider for a guild leader and you will never lack for a Pug raid. Jobbie is the only Aftershocker I've played with and he's a great guy. Friending him is good for the soul .

If you guys came to Nathrezim, you'd be coming for the guild and a chance to build up a raiding team... but the raiding won't come easy. PVP is real, AH is poor, and the Horde rule our server (we are Alliance). But we have some great people, which is our first priority who are working through MV (recently lost a tank to RL... so... that sucks). I could use a couple of healers/dps... and would welcome a new family to our clan. Our thread has been pretty open, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to DarkLogix

I had my own Horde attacking me, sort of speak...

A rare spanws in front of me, I begin killing him, he has some mechanics, so I move from stuff, kite a little and self heal, was doing fine, 20% left, some hordies saw me, they aggroed several mobs to me, they vanished/feign dead and suddlenly I had like 10 adds and that rare to handle, I couldn't survive and they got the rare tag, there were like 3 people doing that..

So expect friends and same faction foes in this realm..

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

said by djlar:

they aggroed several mobs to me, they vanished/feign dead and suddenly I had like 10 adds and that rare to handle, I couldn't survive and they got the rare tag, there were like 3 people doing that..

that's horrible.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to djlar

Yep, I cringe every time I get someone from M'G in my LFD/LFR group. Don't think I've ran into one nice person from that realm in a while.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to Immer

I think that those would all be viable options.

I am going to talk to Jobbie.

As far a Nathrezim , I have that on my options list as well. I would rather go someplace where i know someone rather than do cold transfer and try to find a home.

And what better place than with people from here.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

Houma, LA

If the person is from here, there is a 90% chance it will pan out and be a good move.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH

That I have little doubt about.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to s1deout

On a serious note. I once ran the largest horde guild on Feathermoon. We had hundreds of active players, each with multiple ults.

There is nothing you can do to motivate an individual to show up to a raid other than to let them know you don't need them. Ultimately, this is why I researched the server that I'm now on: Mal'Ganis.

I didn't just land on Mal'ganis on Day 1. I researched the place and found out about its raiding scene. Since then, we can take 3, 8, 12 of us and go finish a raid with pugs who usually are better than the dedicated raiders I found elsewhere.

The real solution? Find gamers to play with, not guildies. Many of the people on this forum and the PC Games Forum have been playing with me for multiple games, multiple expansions. Find your crew and make the game adapt to you.

Come to Mal'Ganis Horde if you want to raid. No one on in the guild? Hit up trade channel and be in the raid of your choice within minutes.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to JB

They could have ask for an invite... who the flap needs an i442 blue item from the rare anyways.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Fun fact when you transfer factions in MoP, you will lose ALL your flight paths and will have to do the initial quests to get the portal to pandaria you will retain the coins from the legendary quest but your quest log will be erased so thread carefuly and go talk with Wrathion again to get it back.

Also every Grummy you see will offer you the quest "The Road to Kun-Lai" until you complete it.

So it is better to do it at 90 so you can just fly around getting your FP's back while doing your dailies in the zone.
--

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to s1deout

Well after talking with the GM last nite and a few of the members , I think we are going to look to guild xfer to a higher pop server to give us a better chance at finding people to recruit and getting PUG's to raid.

We have another meeting tonite to discuss logistics. We lost 2 members yesterday because we didn't raid on Sunday so we are down to like 5 people who actively raid but we have about 10 members who log on and play , just don't raid.

And it seems everyone wants to stay Alliance , I was outvoted 4 to 1 on faction changing , so any suggestions on a higher pop alliance server?

And has anyone ever done a guild xfer before? Wondering how all that works?

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Mal ganis alliance.

J/k.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH

LOL - yea. Might as well go for a challenge if we are going to do it right??

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Just look at wow progress, seems Sargeras is top alliance.Korgath is decent too. Make sure it is at least high pop during the day.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH

Yea I am looking at that now and getting a top 5 list.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

no dependency on a guild

sounds like one helluva guild