Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to s1deout

Premium Member

to s1deout
On a serious note. I once ran the largest horde guild on Feathermoon. We had hundreds of active players, each with multiple ults.

There is nothing you can do to motivate an individual to show up to a raid other than to let them know you don't need them. Ultimately, this is why I researched the server that I'm now on: Mal'Ganis.

I didn't just land on Mal'ganis on Day 1. I researched the place and found out about its raiding scene. Since then, we can take 3, 8, 12 of us and go finish a raid with pugs who usually are better than the dedicated raiders I found elsewhere.

The real solution? Find gamers to play with, not guildies. Many of the people on this forum and the PC Games Forum have been playing with me for multiple games, multiple expansions. Find your crew and make the game adapt to you.

Come to Mal'Ganis Horde if you want to raid. No one on in the guild? Hit up trade channel and be in the raid of your choice within minutes.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to JB9

to JB9
They could have ask for an invite... who the flap needs an i442 blue item from the rare anyways.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Fun fact when you transfer factions in MoP, you will lose ALL your flight paths and will have to do the initial quests to get the portal to pandaria you will retain the coins from the legendary quest but your quest log will be erased so thread carefuly and go talk with Wrathion again to get it back.

Also every Grummy you see will offer you the quest "The Road to Kun-Lai" until you complete it.

So it is better to do it at 90 so you can just fly around getting your FP's back while doing your dailies in the zone.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium Member
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH

s1deout

Premium Member

Well after talking with the GM last nite and a few of the members , I think we are going to look to guild xfer to a higher pop server to give us a better chance at finding people to recruit and getting PUG's to raid.

We have another meeting tonite to discuss logistics. We lost 2 members yesterday because we didn't raid on Sunday so we are down to like 5 people who actively raid but we have about 10 members who log on and play , just don't raid.

And it seems everyone wants to stay Alliance , I was outvoted 4 to 1 on faction changing , so any suggestions on a higher pop alliance server?

And has anyone ever done a guild xfer before? Wondering how all that works?

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Mal ganis alliance.

J/k.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium Member
Troy, OH

s1deout

Premium Member

LOL - yea. Might as well go for a challenge if we are going to do it right??

Lothario
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Just look at wow progress, seems Sargeras is top alliance.Korgath is decent too. Make sure it is at least high pop during the day.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium Member
Troy, OH

s1deout

Premium Member

Yea I am looking at that now and getting a top 5 list.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

no dependency on a guild

sounds like one helluva guild

Lothario
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Full pop means not having to rely exclusively on guild activities...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

And then you let your guild down by being locked when they need you.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

There are mitigating factors to both issues, guys. The 'pro' of being on a high pop server is you don't need the guild to do something. It also means that the guild doesn't need you to get stuff done, either.

Archivis is right in that, if you are looking for a way to do end-game content at the pace and convenience of a console game, go high-pop, high-progression server and pug to your heart's content.

If you are more of a guild=family player, then high-pop/high-progression server is not nearly as critical an element for your goals. Not everyone finds happiness in NYC or LA... some people prefer the suburbs and even rural Americana.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I've been on both high pop and med-low pop servers and both can be wonderful. If you PvP high is awesome, there is just more people to kill. Low-Med pop is way better for the guild styled raider. enuff guildies normally to raid, but also enough social networking to get Pugs that are people guildies know, sso in effect it is not really a pug. On the other hand a high pop server means a player can raid whenever and whatever they want to raid due to the sheer number of players on at any particular time.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by Venom14:

said by Exodus:

no dependency on a guild

sounds like one helluva guild

It actually is, lets not go that road again.
said by DarkLogix:

Not really, if there is going to be a raid that week you just don't do anything else to get saved. But if for some reason the raid doesn't happen you still have options to get a decent pug going. It is actually happening now that people is still leveling I can get Sha, LFR, and a MV run the same week no problem.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Raids only lock you from loot tables, not from the instance. I've gone back and helped people through LFR or through raids even if I was locked from the loot tables. The "guild" doesn't need anyone. You want to run? Great. If not, that's fine.

This is a foreign concept to people who are not used to this environment. We've been here for a few years now.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

LFR Raids only lock you from loot tables, not from the instance.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

There are mitigating factors to both issues, guys. The 'pro' of being on a high pop server is you don't need the guild to do something. It also means that the guild doesn't need you to get stuff done, either.

Archivis is right in that, if you are looking for a way to do end-game content at the pace and convenience of a console game, go high-pop, high-progression server and pug to your heart's content.

If you are more of a guild=family player, then high-pop/high-progression server is not nearly as critical an element for your goals. Not everyone finds happiness in NYC or LA... some people prefer the suburbs and even rural Americana.

I want to correct you here, because you're making assumptions that because our guild sits on a high-pop server, that we don't have a family-type mentality. We just happen to feel that our "family" mentality doesn't stop the moment you no longer can raid. In fact, the family mentality exists outside of the game. There are a ton of people who play in the DSLR community together across a plethora of games.

I only say this because of the context of your guild and my own. Your analogy of low pop/high pop servers and suburbs vs cities doesn't make any sense at all.

How fun is it to spend week after week allocating a specific time slot to a raid, only to have to sit there and call it because people didn't show up? How much resentment does it bring up when someone doesn't show up, transfers off your server, has a real life emergency, kid aggro, etc? Then you're stuck calling the raid and everyone gets irritated because they could have done something else.

Raiding on Mal'Ganis is as natural as joining a heroic or a battleground or LFR itself. Mal'Ganis was LFR before the LFR tool existed. You have 7 people on and everyone has a ton of time to burn? Go grab three more pugs and fire it up. Do this enough and eventually you get guild alliances and pools of qualified people to pull from that will almost guarantee you a full group any time you want.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

That was more about correcting the perception of your guild environment than correcting my post. I said nothing that was incorrect. I made no accusations, I merely reflected your canned responses to the OP's dilemma. Your answer to everyone is move to a high-pop server with high progression. That is analogous to moving to a high-population city like NYC. It works for many people... not all. I was only trying to provide the OP with a different point of view.

You run a small guild that has been around for along time. As the leader of your guild, how it is perceived by people on this forum who've never been in your guild is a reflection of how you are perceived in your forum posts. I have no control over that, nor am I responsible for it.

But what do I know?... I've never run the largest guild on Feathermoon before.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

oh man... here we go again.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

I think we can let people's experiences speak for themself.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
My guild can beat up your guild.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by JB9:

ermahgerdwehaveabadassoverhere.jpg

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

lol.

What has been established I think is that we are in violent agreement that both styles work, just not for the other side of the arguement.

the proof is in the pudding. Immer will always be an "Aspiring Gentleman" and Arch will continue trying to convince people he is "Your Daddy."

Both guilds offer the end game content; how they deliver it differs drastically.

In the end, hows the pugging going at level 87 Arch?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

Battle royal, first to kill HoF last boss wins.
go.

my money is on JB, sorry Arch.

Rules are, Reg clear.
and full guild group, zero pugs.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

My money is also on JB.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

said by DarkLogix:

My money is also on JB.

So you forfeit?
ok JB has defeated Arch in WOW PvE deathmatch.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

wow pve is seriouz businez
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix