All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to s1deout

to s1deout

Re: [MoP] How to motivate the rest of my guild

I was in a similar situation during the start of Cata. The best way to recruit is to run Pug raids IMO. I found that is the best way to find quality players. Get yourself at least 5 or so core members and run the raid same time everyweek and make sure everyone in trade knows that you are doing that raid at the same time everyweek. Once you get a reputation for running successful pugs then more quality players will join in and you can recruit from there. There were about 4 of us that started a guild from scratch in Cata and now I am the GM and we are top 5 guild on the server now. So I have been where you have been before .
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Well finding guildies can be so unforgiving. Use these 2 words, reliable and compatible. You want a raider to be there and you'd also like him or her to fit in with the group.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

The best way to recruit is to run Pug raids IMO.

agreed. Short of that... it's a numbers game. Talk to people. Lots of people. The recruitment macros are like robo calling... there is a chance to get some good recruits, but you get a lot of flotsam. I'd also do some /who {insert large guild name} during raid nights to see who isn't getting into their guild raids. Talk to them. Find it out they'd at least be interested in joining you guys as PuGs.

If it's all about raiding and progression, then expect turnover based on perception of success/failure. You'll get people that join and leave based on how many kills you get.... and that's okay (it has to be, because you can't control it, lol).

What does your guild offer players when you aren't raiding? It's tough to build a bench if those outside your raiding party aren't also doing things together.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I had the same problem with the people either being gung-ho and being too far from the relaxed people. We lost a raider already due to dailies. So now i am also looking to fill holes up.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Part of this is just being in a new expansion. People have expectations of the expansion, the guild, and the raid progression. These are the growing pains of guild management. One way to mitigate these pains for a progression raiding guild is to work together through the beta raids. We aren't serious enough to have done this, so we are dealing with all unknowns at the same time.

All I can say is, "hang in there and do your best." No one can ask you to do better than that.