uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Clearwire coverage so bad, this product is a joke

The Clearwire coverage is so bad, even in areas where Clearwire claims they have service, why would anyone sign on for this product?
--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

said by FFH:

The Clearwire coverage is so bad, even in areas where Clearwire claims they have service, why would anyone sign on for this product?

Free Data! All they see is the word "Free".

I wouldn't touch this product with a ten foot pole. It is already obsolete as it uses WiMAX and that is going away. Plus without a 3G fallback, it is useless in areas without WiMAX. Frankly I think this whole plan was dreamt up by someone facing a huge writeoff on a bunch of WiMAX devices sitting in a huge warehouse. Rather than pay to scrap them they figured they would charge people for them and let them scrap them. Give me an LTE sleeve for $99 with 500GB/month free data and I would seriously consider it.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1

The clear coverage around here is horrid. Where they do have coverage it has more holes than swiss cheese, and forget about it if you leave the major cities or are on the edge of them. I tried Clear and returned it within the trial period.

tivoboy

join:2004-05-10
Menlo Park, CA
reply to FFH

size matters

Man, that thing is a PIG. I hope they weren't simply showing the iphone version from its GOOD side!

Esteban

@nextweb.net
reply to FFH

Re: Clearwire coverage so bad, this product is a joke

Clearwire coverage is great at both my home AND work locations. I ain't got no complaints.

dave49er

join:2004-05-05
Walnut, CA
reply to FFH

I got the Photon. Even though it says my home has no coverage, I still get better speeds and less latency that AT&T's HSPA+ 4G. In fact, everywhere I've tried it, it works better than AT&T on my iPhone 4S.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to n2jtx

said by n2jtx:

Free Data! All they see is the word "Free".

More often than not, you get what you pay for. A lot of people don't seem to understand that relatively simple fact these days.