share rss forum feed

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia
reply to Blackbird

Re: Secret Service Asks Americans to Report Tweets

said by Blackbird:

...... the government can compile dossiers brimming with a range of 'offenses' for every single citizen, no matter how trivial the purported offense. Then those dossiers can be trotted out and used whenever somebody in the governing apparatus has a reason to want to imprison or 'take out' any given person, no matter how self-serving or unjust the real reason might be since that real reason never has to be revealed......

The Police are to busy using Onsit/onstat (whatever the stupid thing is) using a combination of realtime-and historical data to bother running something of this nature. Further afield maybe so.

said by goalieskates:

Now we see otherwise rational people here using the same excuse for giving up freedoms in the name of "security." They'd do well to remember Stasi stands for "State Security." It's an old concept, and a bad one. And completely un-American.

I see where you are going from but people being in that space expect that others and other things will follow.... It's a people thing also. Not just government. And the people and government can co-exist. That's also their realization.

To understand better the driving forces behind the topic, this article say's some of it (most).

»www.theage.com.au/it-pro/busines···hhj.html

or should it be this one??///

»www.theage.com.au/it-pro/busines···hhi.html
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2
reply to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

Whadda ya think them big data centers the NSA runs in Texas and Utah are for?

Capturing every electronic piece of communication everyone everywhere sends and storing it for future reference? Just a wild guess.

Bob likes to "watch".
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
said by StuartMW:

said by MaynardKrebs:

Whadda ya think them big data centers the NSA runs in Texas and Utah are for?

Capturing every electronic piece of communication everyone everywhere sends and storing it for future reference? Just a wild guess.

Bob likes to "watch".

Everything is a database can and will eventually be used against you. When do you think they will purge those databases?

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

1 edit
Yup. I say the exact same thing here a lot. But then I'm just paranoid

*dons his tinfoil hat*

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

When do you think they will purge those databases?

Not before google purges theirs.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch
Well Bob gets a lot of his data from Google so...
--

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
reply to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

I have a Science Fair 50-in-1 from the late 60's.

But they'll have to pry my Science Fair crystal radio from my cold dead hands I use that to receive orders from one of the two broadcasters that still use AM.

The energy leaks coming from that technology would have them thinking you had a small reactor in your basement, where as mine with all the plastic and smaller components wouldn't read as loud and might pass for just the trigger not the device, so I get the second knock at the door after they have visited you.

Mind you they were fun at the time. Mind you I watched peg leg pete and a few other kid's shows later deemed "bad influence", "gay", "detrimental and unstable", etc.....so that may still get me a knock at the door first.

Oh, wait, this isn't twitter.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
Galt's Gulch

1 edit
said by norwegian:

Oh, wait, this isn't twitter.

Don't worry--the delay will only be slightly longer

BTW crystal radios don't require any power. They're receivers only. Might come in handy if Bob cuts the power
--
Expand your moderator at work