how-to block ads

Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
reply to vue666

Re: HMS Bounty (replica) has sunk....

Um, it's not like this hurricane is a surprise. Why were they out on the water? Yes they were 160 miles from the center of the hurricane but that seems quite dumb to be out there right now.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by yabos:

Um, it's not like this hurricane is a surprise. Why were they out on the water? Yes they were 160 miles from the center of the hurricane but that seems quite dumb to be out there right now.

Thats exactly what I'm wondering... Stupidity at its finest, especially in a freakin full blown sailing ship.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine

»ca.news.yahoo.com/hurricane-sand···868.html

Claudia McCann, whose husband is the captain of the Bounty, said she hadn't slept since she received word the ship was taking on water.

She said her husband, Captain Robin Walbridge, was trying to get around Hurricane Sandy en route to Florida.

"He was just trying to avoid it, skirt it. Skirt through it, skirt around it," McCann said Monday.

"I'm sure he's devastated. Absolutely devastated. But the crew comes first and you have to save the crew."
No idea what were they thinking in trying to get around a storm of that size. Maybe didn't want to park it in Halifax in case the waters get rough and the ship sinks in harbour?

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by ekster:

Claudia McCann, whose husband is the captain of the Bounty, said she hadn't slept since she received word the ship was taking on water.

She said her husband, Captain Robin Walbridge, was trying to get around Hurricane Sandy en route to Florida.

"He was just trying to avoid it, skirt it. Skirt through it, skirt around it," McCann said Monday.

"I'm sure he's devastated. Absolutely devastated. But the crew comes first and you have to save the crew."

Trying to out run or "get around" a hurricane in a sailing vessel???????
I would think twice about that in a freakin' battleship!

FaxCap