signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: R4 for DS Lite?

Thanks guys. I am looking at the SUPERCARD DS TWO thanks to a recommendation by somebody here. So I will eventually need to buy two of them, and respective microSD cards then, in order to send stuff to him?

Ok, can someone PM me about how the homebrew software works and where to get it?

I downloaded a DS on PC emulator so I can check out games on my PC for now. Pretty darned cool! I hope to learn how to write code like this at some point...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ
You'd only really need two such cards if you were looking for a way to dump your own games into ROM form, and/or for some wacky reason can't find it available through other means. There was a homebrew way of being able to dump games and save data over wifi to a PC and back, but that I haven't used it for a long time, so I don't know if it's been updated or abandoned since.

As for the DStwo, [url=http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/]their site at least has the latest firmware, EOS (basically the loader/OS environment), and some of their own homebrew for the card, so you can get an idea of what it's capable of. From there, it's almost literally just a matter of putting the contents where you want/need them to go on the microSD(HC) that you use.

To date, I don't know of any DS flashcard that is compatible with SDXC... maybe if someone manages to make a working 3DS flashcard that would be possible. Even so... Good luck all the same, and enjoy.
--
Because, f*ck Sony