Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

m12345s

join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO
reply to norwegian

Re: [Compatibility] Hosts Man w/windows 8 preview

Hey, still working pretty good for me, I went into hosts man this morning and tried to disable all the partial lists and stuff, I unchecked it from update sources but I am not sure how to actually delete them, now I think I just have it where it won't update. Thanks.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
kudos:1

2 edits
With this, there is hopefully a back up of your hosts' file which will set it back to original if required.
There is a prompt in the installer to take a back up - you can just set it back then update with the new configuration if you want.

However if you have it set to delete duplicates by default; it usually is set up this way; it will delete all the extra entries anyway, so the partial lists won't make any difference to the final hosts' list.

Edit:
Duplicates check: HostsMan-Edit-Find Duplicates
Back Ups: HostsMan-Tools-Back Up Manager
Utility: HostsMan-Tools-HostsMan Editor (Great for searching for entries to white list, duplicates, hijacks, disabled, etc)

--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

m12345s

join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO
reply to norwegian
Ok, yeah I did remove duplicates so I think that should of taken care of it then, thanks for the information.