spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fanou

@videotron.ca

Cable internet in Quebec

I want to know if the 3 mbit/s package will be upgraded to 5 mbit/s and if the 8 mbit/s package will be upgraded to 10mbit/s like Vidéotron and Electronic box in November. I also want to know what are the install delays for cable internet and traditional home phone in Quebec. My Vidéotron rebate is ending soon and I am shopping around for a new service. Now I have both services with Vidéotron.

ghostly57

join:2011-08-22
QC, Canada

I am pretty sure it will be upgraded, yes. Now, the question is... when?

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to fanou

said by fanou :

My Vidéotron rebate is ending soon and I am shopping around for a new service. Now I have both services with Vidéotron.

I don't think teksavvy does POTs anymore (someone may correct me), I seem to recall a post on this. So you would have to go voip w/ TSI or stay with videotron or Bell for phone.

Ahem, TSI may want to take note this time that speeds for videotron are increasing again.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

said by hm :

Ahem, TSI may want to take note this time that speeds for videotron are increasing again.

Noted. Tx. More capacity already on order... Already pushing them hard... This is one more reason.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

@ TSI Marc....Any thoughts about the 60m down tier...???

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Right now we're focused on fixing the wait times and really amping up the whole experience of dealing with us. The wait times in particular are crushing us right now. We have a new office we're opening up in Gatineau. This will also help with our French support.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Ok, thanks for the answer.

Mimiga King

join:2008-09-15
Quebec, QC
reply to TSI Marc

nooo, why must it be in Gatineau and not in Quebec City?

I would have applied right away =S

fanou

@videotron.ca
reply to fanou

If the 3 mbit/s service is not upgraded to 5 mbit/s I am not interested. If the 8 mbit/s service is not upgraded to 10 mbit/s I will look at Electronic Box service. For 2$ more they offer 10 mbit/s and 100 Go. Why the traditional home phone is on the website if the service is not offer anymore? Also, what are the delays to install cable Internet and Traditional home phone (if this service is still available). VOIP is not an option because my alarm company doesn't support it.

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:3

Hello,

We do still offer traditional home phone service, however we currently have some stop sells in place. If you want to PM me you address and phone number (if you would like to keep the same number) or post that information here: »TekSavvy Direct we can check on phone service there for you.

To answer your other question, home phone is currently about 3 business days out (for a new phone number, porting a number may take longer). For the internet, Videotron is a bit behind on orders for us at the moment. We have tried to adjust our time frames to accommodate for this. To give you an idea, if an order was placed today the soonest we would be able to request would be the 10th of November.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Keith
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

ghostly57

QC, Canada
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Right now we're focused on fixing the wait times and really amping up the whole experience of dealing with us. The wait times in particular are crushing us right now. We have a new office we're opening up in Gatineau. This will also help with our French support.

WOW, that's pretty exciting! What's the address of your new place, if you know it?

ghostly57

QC, Canada
reply to fanou

said by fanou:

If the 3 mbit/s service is not upgraded to 5 mbit/s I am not interested. If the 8 mbit/s service is not upgraded to 10 mbit/s I will look at Electronic Box service. For 2$ more they offer 10 mbit/s and 100 Go. Why the traditional home phone is on the website if the service is not offer anymore? Also, what are the delays to install cable Internet and Traditional home phone (if this service is still available). VOIP is not an option because my alarm company doesn't support it.

Videotron is the one that pushes the speed increases to their customers (including the TPIA's). God knows when you're going to get the increase, but you WILL be getting it whether you sign up with ebox or TekSavvy. I can prove that with a very simple fact/example: two QC cable subs posted a while ago here saying that they were getting 20 Mbps instead of the advertised 15. Videotron had said that they wanted to get everyone upgraded before October 14th (not sure about the exact date). They did get it at/before Oct. 14th (or whatever). So why would that not happen with the other speeds? There's no reason. Therefore, you are going to get your speed upgrade with a TPIA or Videotron sometime before 2013.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Mimiga King

said by Mimiga King:

nooo, why must it be in Gatineau and not in Quebec City?

I would have applied right away =S

Hehe.. We actually already had an office in Ottawa so we're moving across the river and expanding our space. Funny thing, our current office is in the Chateau Laurier.. They put up office space up there and we were one of the first in.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to ghostly57

said by ghostly57:

said by TSI Marc:

WOW, that's pretty exciting! What's the address of your new place, if you know it?

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. I do know the address but I'll hold off for a bit more until we're moved in... We get the keys on November 1st... It will take a few weeks until we're moved in... We start doing interviews next week for site manager and 20 bilingual techs.

Just gave the green light today for 20 more techs in Chatham as well. We're in the process of converting temporary employees to permanent, cross training for additional tech help as well as hired more then 50 staff in the last few months.

Tech training program has also been increased to 4 weeks.

Simply put, we need more techs. If you're in those areas and interested, send me or Pierre a resume.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

ghostly57

QC, Canada

You might just get the country out of recession if you keep hiring people at the pace LOL.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Hehe yeah.. We're doing everything we can to get on top of it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Mimiga King

Quebec, QC
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Hehe.. We actually already had an office in Ottawa so we're moving across the river and expanding our space. Funny thing, our current office is in the Chateau Laurier.. They put up office space up there and we were one of the first in.

Wha!? You have an office 5 mins away from my place and I've never been made aware of that? I'd have applied soooo long time ago if I had known =S

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Haha.. Well actually we don't have a call centre there now. We're moving to have more space so that we can...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Mimiga King

Quebec, QC

oh, too bad. hope your new office get's bigger and better then :P

wish you the best!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON