pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

[DIRECTV] Email From DirecTV RE: Sandy

Just received an e-mail from DirecTV saying they will be glad to suspend you account due to Sandy if needed and offered free dish replacement and/or alignment if needed because of the storm.

"DIRECTV is here for you.

We're ready to help our customers who may be adversely affected by the hurricane. We sincerely hope you and your families are safe and your home or property will be spared any serious damage.

In order to provide you with the most up to date information, we have set up channels 325 and 349, which will be airing coverage of Hurricane Sandy. Please tune to these channels to get the latest news and developments on the situation.

If your satellite dish is displaced, you lose power or had to evacuate, we will be happy to temporarily suspend your account or send out a service technician as quickly as possible to realign or replace your satellite dish free of charge. Our customer service representatives are standing by to assist you. Please call us at 1-800-531-5000.

Sincerely,
DIRECTV"
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Storm97
Premium
join:2003-04-14
Evanston, WY
We have volunteers from our office "jump teching" to affected areas back east specifically for this reason.
--
Words of advice for today... "Be Happy, Drink Coffee, Drive Safe!"

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to pende_tim
I gotta give kudos to DirecTV today ... I've been watching the Weather Channel & my local weather on TV all day with absolutely NO rain fade or pixelization ... an I'm on the DelMarVa Peninsula, just about 100 miles south of where Sandy made landfall in New Jersey. We're still experiencing significant sustained winds and gusts to 50-60 mph.

obeythelaw
Premium
join:2003-04-16
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to pende_tim
I still don't have power at home in NJ so I don't know if my service is functional. The dish is still on the roof. However, up to Monday with the fiercest winds, my service was 100% and then the power went out which Directv can't control. I have gotten emails from them. They have even stated that they would provide a credit for the loss of service. I think it is a great response from them and a testament to their technology that even with some good rains and 80 mph winds my service was unaffected.