uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to fartness

Re: New bathroom

Bath fans dont work work based on SQ when buying a fan use a Calculator this will give you the CFM needed.
--
Support
»www.minutemanproject.com/

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
One suggestion: How to Calculate CFM for Bathroom Fan
--
nohup rm -fr /&

TekWest

join:2010-07-18
Edmonton, AB
reply to fartness
How big is the gap under your bathroom door?

It recommended to have at least a 1.5 to a 2 inch gap to provide enough air to replace what the fan is pulling out.

Chinabound
Premium
join:2002-12-21
Antioch, IL
kudos:3
reply to fartness
Ah, I went through this about one year ago.
My wife complained that her bathroom had too much moisture on the walls after her shower. This house was built in 1975, so I figured the exhaust fans in the three bathrooms were the originals. I purchased two "highly rated" exhaust fans. I forgot the brand, but they were each $130.
They were horrible. A little quieter, yes, but who really gives a damn when the shower is on? They worked so poorly, that I removed both and returned them to Menards the next day.

I cleaned up the old fans (blades/housing) and made sure the duct work heading to the roof was clear and the flappers were working properly (not sticking). The condensation problems my wife had in her bathroom were gone. And I can easily promise that if I held a tissue square up to the grate, it would be torn from my hands and blown out to the roof.

Hopefully these fans will last another 37 years. If not, I will make my own exhaust fans rather than buy the overpriced inferior bullshit available today.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
reply to TekWest
said by TekWest:

How big is the gap under your bathroom door?

It recommended to have at least a 1.5 to a 2 inch gap to provide enough air to replace what the fan is pulling out.

The OP posted previously in the thread...

said by fartness:

I posted that I shower with the door fully open (I live alone) and I still have these symptoms.

--
nohup rm -fr /&
Expand your moderator at work