uniqs

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Notice: SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE Oct 29 Midnight to Oct 30 4am

Hey guys, I usually don't post up warnings about routine maintenance, but this one affects a wide area of our customerbase in Southern California, and lasts a little longer than usual. From about midnight tonight until 4am tomorrow morning (PDT), we'll be doing some scheduled maintenance for hardware changes. During this time, users in Southern California may not be able to get online.

Hopefully this doesn't cause any major inconvenience for any of you; we've tried to schedule it for a non-peak time to minimize such. Should be back up running better than ever after the maintenance.
slavaluk
join:2000-01-26
Los Angeles, CA

slavaluk

Ouch! Right in the middle of important work... :-(

I wish there was a better way to notify customers about planned downtime. Any way to get an SMS alert?

I normally don't come here or to the network status page unless there is a problem.
shebmeister
join:2011-09-30
93446-3642

1 edit

shebmeister to dslx_nick

to dslx_nick
I am still down !

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa

Mod

Your ticket number has been sent on to Nick. Not a good idea to post that in a public forum.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

1 recommendation

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

@slavaluk: We don't have any system set up currently for SMS alerts, but I can propose such to the Programming department. In the meantime, we do have the Network Status page (»www.dslextreme.com/suppo ··· rkstatus) as you mentioned, and also do provide notices via Twitter and Facebook.

@shebmeister: You should be good to go now. I'll have a tech call you to follow up and confirm.

@sashwa: Thanks!
shebmeister
join:2011-09-30
93446-3642

shebmeister

thanks - it is verking!!
the only reason I posted my ticket number is first level of tech support said it would take 24hrs.

Thanks for your help
the sheb

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

1 recommendation

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Glad to help! Btw, the Tier 1 rep probably should have worded it better - our Tier 2 support aims to address all escalated tickets WITHIN 24 hours, not that they wait a minimum of 24 hours before working them, heh. You're always welcome to send me an IM here though, I'm usually pretty prompt in addressing such.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA

jadinolf to dslx_nick

Premium Member

to dslx_nick
You know, Newegg updates their web site at midnite. How dare you do this to me!

dslx_steve
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA

dslx_steve to slavaluk

Premium Member

to slavaluk
Sorry for the late response. You can get status updates by following @dslx_status on twitter.

I'm having our team look at the feasibility of sending SMS alerts. We'll let you know if/when this gets set up.