uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy

A/V receiver ?

Just bought my first HDTV Samsung (UNXXES7100) and my old Yamaha RX-V590 receiver can't hook up to it, no digital or optical input/output only RCA. Its been awhile and need advice on decent but cheap 5.1 A/V receiver. My speaker set up is JBL speakers all around with a Klipsch powered sub.

Power wise I would like something similar to what I have (I think 100X5) Is Yamaha still decent? How about this model. Any other suggestions?

»www.hhgregg.com/yamaha-500-watt-···arget1_2

I'd probably purchase it at hhgreg or Amazon due to credit there.

Thanks for the help.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Juke Box
His Word Never Fails
Premium
join:2001-01-29
Proverbs 3
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology

That does seem to be the best choice. Nice.
I would get the YAMAHA RX-V373BL 5.1-Channel AV Receiver .

Give us a full review when you get that home and setup.

Thanks

bryank

join:2000-03-23
Plainfield, IL
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

That receiver does not do HDMI up conversion, so if you have older devices that use composite or component video, it will not convert it to HDMI. If everything you are using is HDMI, this should be fine.

sholling
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

It's not Amazon but if you can swing $370 you can pick up a factory refurbished Denon AVR-2112 7.2 channel networked AVR and have a really nice receiver. If that's too much money they also have a refurbished 5.1 channel AVR-1713 for $320. If you want something really nice they also have a refurbished Onkyo TX-NR709 for $450. I've had good luck with Onkyo refurbs (2) from A4L. What all have going for them is Audyssey MultiEQ XT room correction.

»www.accessories4less.com/make-a-···r/1.html
»www.accessories4less.com/make-a-···y/1.html
»www.accessories4less.com/make-a-···r/1.html

Here is the AVR-1713 brand new at Amazon.
»www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-1713-Ne···07R8U5W6
--
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to Juke Box

said by Juke Box:

That does seem to be the best choice. Nice.
I would get the YAMAHA RX-V373BL 5.1-Channel AV Receiver .

Give us a full review when you get that home and setup.

Thanks

I have that receiver connected to a small monitor and an ExpressVu satellite receiver with Paradigm speakers. Gives great audio for the 36 channels of commercial free music.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

Thanks for the advice. The purchase is on hold right now as I don't have the extra cash . I sure do miss having good sound watching movies and such. But the TV speakers will make do for now.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix