spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wmbrady80

join:2012-01-27
Marrero, LA

Any way to get more than 4 streams with U-verse TV?

I really need to find a way to get more than 4 streams for Uverse TV....constantly fighting between 5 TVs to watch TV and tape shows that we want to watch later.....can anyone help????

WhyMe420
Premium
join:2009-04-06
kudos:1

No way to accomplish such with U-verse TV. This is one of the many reasons I switched back to Dish (have 9 tuners with Dish.)

doubleohwhat

join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL
reply to wmbrady80

Yep, it's not possible on a single U-verse account. You can always attempt to get a second account setup if you insist on sticking with U-verse and definitely have to have more streams. Depending on your service type and line conditions it *is* possible to get a second account (major pain in the arse though).

However, it would be much cheaper to just switch to Dish or DirecTV. You honestly can't go wrong with either. I went with Direct because at the time Dish didn't have AMC (not sure if that's been resolved or not).

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

One of the many reasons I got rid of their TV.

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3
reply to wmbrady80

said by wmbrady80:

I really need to find a way to get more than 4 streams for Uverse TV....constantly fighting between 5 TVs to watch TV and tape shows that we want to watch later.....can anyone help????

Nope. Not happening. There was some talk about 7 streams (3HD and 4SD) a while back, as that would still fit in a profile that supports 4HD, but never really knew what happened to that.

Go with satellite. You get not only a better quality picture, you can also hook up as many televisions as you want.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

ohh

join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA
reply to wmbrady80

Speaking of U-verse TV.. HOW is it?

WhyMe420
Premium
join:2009-04-06
reply to doubleohwhat

said by doubleohwhat:

I went with Direct because at the time Dish didn't have AMC (not sure if that's been resolved or not).

AMC is back on Dish and will be for many years to come .

walta

join:2001-05-22
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:2
reply to wmbrady80

ATT should offer a virtual DVR record all the shows I want.

Suppose I want 12 deferent shows all starting at 9:00 PM on 11/1 2012. ATT records them on their end and sends them to my real DVR when band with is available.

I would still be limited to 4 live streams but I would bump into the limit much less often.

Walta

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
reply to wmbrady80

If you need that many tuners go with satellite. We had U-Verse at our Houston house for a while, but due to other issues with it we went back to DirecTV and could not be happier! The PQ and service in general is much better!

wmbrady80

Marrero, LA
reply to wmbrady80

we dropped direcTV because they couldnt get their shit straight, we had nothing but issues for close to 6 months....and other than the running out of streams...U-verse is awesome....love the on demand and the DVR is nice....but they need to make it to where you can add streams by paying a small fee per extra stream or something....some people have multiple TVs and like to record things....I just wish ATT would understand that.....lol

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
kudos:3

said by wmbrady80:

some people have multiple TVs and like to record things....I just wish ATT would understand that.....lol

They understand. They just didn't want to spend the money on fiber, and focused more on keeping their investors happy instead of rolling out a decent product.

Like I said, even with the 2 of us it isn't uncommon that 2 things record on 1 DVR, and I am watching something in another room while playing on the computer....of course my internet speed at that point will go down because I am watching TV. It just doesn't make sense to me.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

oneoone

join:2010-01-20
Lagrange, GA
reply to wmbrady80

Good luck due to how far I am from the VRAD I cant get anything more then 3HD 1 SD, 4 HD would be plenty for my house but just can't get it. Uverse is testing a 4HD/3SD profile is some areas but I imagine you need to be pretty close to the vrad.

wmbrady80

Marrero, LA
reply to wmbrady80

all we have is Uverse TV for that reason, i have Cox HSI. 50mb/6mb cable....LOL uverse cant offer anything even close, so im keeping my cable.

gamersglory

join:2012-11-11
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to wmbrady80

I talk to a support rep and she said because they still fell under tel-co laws that they could only do 4 streams but once they get the FCC provision to not have to do POTS they will up it to 6 streams

doubleohwhat

join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

Erm, what?

AT&T should be able to provide more streams to customers who are eligible for their new tiers they plan on making available in the future. However, getting rid of POTS will do absolutely nothing for customers who will not be eligible for the new tiers and will be stuck on the 24/3 or lower tiers. The amount of streams they can offer is based on the amount of available bandwidth, not a law.

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to gamersglory

That rep is feeding you a line of s***. DSL isn't covered by any "telco laws"; even Uverse VOICE doesn't because it's VoIP.

How many TV streams they can offer is based on MARKETING. It's physically limited by your line bit rate, but what they are willing to sell is a marketing matter... a TV only account doesn't get more streams, because you'd lose them turning on internet and/or phone service.