how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LittleByte

join:2012-10-29
Salt Lake City, UT

T mobile hot spot

hello i am new to this site, used to be into computers heavily before the new age of cpu's came out. now i get lost in all the stuff. i just want to say that I am with T mobile and until they throttle back more like choke to death the down load speed it is working great. Once they choke it back it is better having dial up it would seem. i use my phone which has 2 gb of d/l and i have a hot spot device which is also 2 gb d/l. I use FoxFi on my phone to avoid getting charged for a tethering fee as well as user agent changer. it just seems like such a rip off and i think it is a rip off but gotta use it till the contract runs out. is there any provider out there with true unlimited usage at full d/l speeds? This T mobile thing sux!

broccoli

join:2007-11-29
Portland, OR

Click for full size
Uh, like this?

Bahamut X
Premium
join:2000-12-09
Fort Worth, TX
reply to LittleByte

There's also the option to actually add Unlimited Data to any T-Mobile line for only $10 more per month...

Now it does say that officially Tethering is not supported, as you can't add the $15 tethering package to it, but if you're using FoxFi to get around it... I wouldn't see why this would be blocked... (Personally I have an older data package like the one listed above and blew through 7 GB last month with no problems, including some limited tethering using the Clockworkmod Tether package available on the market as well. Needed tether instead of WiFi due to hooking it into a computer without WiFi).

Worth a shot, the Unlimited version doesn't get throttled and should actually be worth the extra $10/month if you need the data and such would actually work.
--
I work at T-Mobile. I play games and enjoy time off of work. I've been a member here longer than I've worked there. I have my own opinions, they do not hold anything to T-Mobile USA, etc etc etc...

Bahamut X
Premium
Fort Worth, TX
reply to LittleByte

Click for full size
classic features

value plans

Just to add pictures to show what's being mentioned. The top one is the classic straight feature difference. The same is available on the value plans, hence the $10 difference between Unlimited - 2 GB of HS data and the Unlimited - No Limit.
--
I work at T-Mobile. I play games and enjoy time off of work. I've been a member here longer than I've worked there. I have my own opinions, they do not hold anything to T-Mobile USA, etc etc etc...

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Bahamut X

I have the unlimited, and within a minute of tethering with my laptop, i get a push message pretty much telling me to stop now or they will block tethering. Which i don't want.

My nexus 7 tablet get's to tether without a problem.
So, if your expecting to tether, might not work out so well. They use qos for these plans and the unlimited plan gets lower qos then the normal 5gb and 10gb plans when the network near you is congested. (Nothing noticeable for me so far)
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

Bahamut X
Premium
Fort Worth, TX

Well, I did say I was on an older plan... I can't even track my data usage on T-Mobile.com...

Have you tried the tethering using this: »play.google.com/store/apps/detai···0aGVyIl0 ?

I was able to bend around the "thou shalt not tether" bit on mine, using a bone stock Galaxy S3 (so ya, tethering any OTHER way is impossible without coughing up the $/month... and if I add the feature, I get the 5GB cap added to my plan...)
--