how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dave40

join:2012-10-25
Puyallup, WA

[Qwest] Netgear Modeem Router DGND3700v2 Does Not Connect

I am trying to connect the DGND3700v2 to my Qwest ISP. I obtained the ISP user name and password which has been verified from Qwest. I used the Setup Wizard which asks for the user name and password which I supplied (user name = fritzdanan@qwest.net). The response is "Invalid ISP user name or password" even though they are correct. The default settings are used including PPPoE, vpi=0 and vci=32. I have reset the modem several times, and have also attempted to manually setup. It appears to be a simple issue but numerous calls to Qwest and Netgear support have failed to provide a solution. I have upgraded the firmware to no avail. Any help toward a solution would be appreciated.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
Are you able to get online with a different modem using the same user name and password?

Have you confirmed it is your PPPoE username and password, not your email username and password?

Are you letting it try to choose, or have you specified ADSL2+ in the setup?

You have confirmed you are on an ADSL connection, not a VDSL connection?

grover52

@qwest.net
reply to Dave40
Just a thought. The password is case sensitive for example xXyy123Z is not the same as xxyy123Z. The password I'm familiar with has a combination of upper and lower alphas mixed with numerics. I had no problem connecting with a dgnd3700v2 using either the setup wizard or manually.
Expand your moderator at work

Dave40

Puyallup, WA
reply to Dave40

Re: [Qwest] Netgear Modeem Router DGND3700v2 Does Not Connect

I have been online for several years using an Actiontec modem which I want to replace with the Netgear. The username and password works with that modem. And yes, it is the PPPoE usernam and password. I have used the auto and the ADSL2+ settings with no success. And the connection is ADSL.

The password contains both upper and lower case characters which have been entered that way.

Kenster

@comcastbusiness.net
Do the lights on the modem indicate whether or not the modem is connecting to the internet, or are you simply unable to connect with your computer?

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Dave40
You're at the stage where I would return the modem as defective.

Dave40

Puyallup, WA
reply to Dave40
The lights indicate I have a ADSL connection but no internet connection.

This is the second DGND3700v2 modem I have tried. I returned the earlier one on the advice of a Netgear tech.

grey53

@qwest.net
I noticed this on another forum, maybe doing something similar would help.

1. choose PPPOA protocol but change multiplex to LLC . PPPOA if connection has no kind of issue in a few seconds connection led will become green. Notice that LLC is picked instead of VC (the last is the preferred one with PPPOA).

2. Now do not touch adsl features and stay with LLC multiplex so ADSL will stay up and running and will not do a new "training" session. ADSL led is still fixed green. Change the protocol to PPPOE and apply! Connection led will become orange....wait 5 to 10 secs and connection led will become green!

3. Do not turn off the router. If so, do the workaround again to obtain a new PPPOE connection.

They went on to speculate that there is some kind of software problem because they could logon without any problem at a friends house which was on a different line.