Watchen Das Blinken Lights
Premium Member
join:2000-12-05
Tenant Hell

shortckt to TheMG

Premium Member

to TheMG

Difluoroethane gas duster - conductive?

Have you read the MSDS? If i'm reading it correctly, it doesn't mention conductive but it is considered a flammable substance.

I have to agree with lugnut there, the fast temp drop caused condensation which provided an arc path, then the flammability of the duster gas expanded on the problem and gave you the fireworks.

»www.sisweb.com/referenc/ ··· toff.pdf

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1, ··· roethane

lugnut
@look.ca

lugnut

Anon

said by shortckt:

Have you read the MSDS? If i'm reading it correctly, it doesn't mention conductive but it is considered a flammable substance.

»www.sisweb.com/referenc/ ··· toff.pdf

Wow! That data sheet reads like something you'd use to fire up a BBQ, not an ostensibly safe household cleaning product.

You'd probably have been better off blowing your dust with a can of lighter butane. At least you'd know what to expect.

shortckt
Watchen Das Blinken Lights
Premium Member
join:2000-12-05
Tenant Hell

shortckt

Premium Member

said by lugnut :

Wow! That data sheet reads like something you'd use to fire up a BBQ, not an ostensibly safe household cleaning product....

Yes, and I was surprised the first time I saw the MSDS on this "canned air" that I find used in every office I've ever been in!! I avoid the stuff, and insist on having a small air compressor in any IT shop I've worked in. Cheaper in the long run too. My neighbor who works in the HVAC service business carries a CO2 tank with regulator and coiled air hose in his van, but that 65 lb. welding cylinder can be cumbersome to haul around.