share rss forum feed

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:4
reply to Davesnothere

Re: WHO is UP-DOWN during Sandy

Regarding VoiP.ms, the reason the website and New York POP were switched to another data center with a DNS Update is simple..The data center in New York where VoIP.ms Website is hosted estimated diesel power to 65 hours, then they got flooded and estimated power to 5-6 hours, that's when we decided to take action. We already had backup images ready, we also have a permanent real time image of our database being replicated to two other geo locations. However, these changes can take a little time to implement. The very first thing that was done was to update DNS for New York VoIP. Web site was a second priority because it does't affect uptime for the VoIP service. At the moment of typing this, the customer interface is being tested and should be online in a few.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
said by MartinM:

Regarding VoiP.ms....

K00L !

BTW, I just checked and your website seems to have propagated to whichever DNS serves ME - The front page came up promptly just now.

I had not checked it earlier, but some others had posted that it had been down.

borntochill

join:2003-02-09
united state
reply to MartinM
said by MartinM:

Regarding VoiP.ms, the reason the website and New York POP were switched to another data center with a DNS Update is simple..The data center in New York where VoIP.ms Website is hosted estimated diesel power to 65 hours, then they got flooded and estimated power to 5-6 hours, that's when we decided to take action. We already had backup images ready, we also have a permanent real time image of our database being replicated to two other geo locations. However, these changes can take a little time to implement. The very first thing that was done was to update DNS for New York VoIP. Web site was a second priority because it does't affect uptime for the VoIP service. At the moment of typing this, the customer interface is being tested and should be online in a few.

MartinM, I want to commend you and the technical staff at voip.ms for having the foresight to put in place good geographic redundancy as well as good disaster planning. All my clients that I set up with you guys, including those on the newyork.voip.ms server, were up-and-running this morning with all features working perfectly. Bravo!

MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium,VIP
join:2008-07-21
kudos:4
said by borntochill:

MartinM, I want to commend you and the technical staff at voip.ms for having the foresight to put in place good geographic redundancy as well as good disaster planning. All my clients that I set up with you guys, including those on the newyork.voip.ms server, were up-and-running this morning with all features working perfectly. Bravo!

Thank you I appreciate your comment and I passed it to the whole team.
--
Martin - VoIP.ms