EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

[Rant] NCIX - Deliver already

I used to like shopping at ncix, turnaround was quick. the last couple years, it seems as though my orders spend all their time in the "order processed" but unshipped stage.
Oct 23, placed order, CC charged that very day, and the one piece which says 1-3 processing days has been "Order Processed" since the 24th.
But not shipped.
Calling doesn't help, I am told "I don't know why it hasn't shipped, the packing label has been printed".
Meanwhile the hard drives I placed by by phone on Thurs has arrived this morning.
They used to be quicker with internet orders.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

Hmm... when I have issues like that, they've shipped some of mine in pieces rather than altogether.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

The outstanding order is one piece only.
A separate order with multiple h-drives was shipped together no problem.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

I've been ordering from NCIX for about 5 years regularly and I can't say that my experience has changed since my first order.

I have an order in 2007 I made and on Monday it shows all items in stock and thank you for my order. On Wednesday it shows shipped.

Other times I have orders and everything ships out the next day. For me it's usually shipped out the next day on average.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

I too have been ordering from them for a number of years.
But over the last 2 years, I have noticed some delays (without reasons), and always with internet orders, when I order by phone, delivery is very quick.
Maybe I'm going senile, but I doubt it.
buttaknife
join:2007-06-01

buttaknife to EUS

to EUS
Dunno, my shipping experiences with them have been mostly positive. That said, I don't think I've ordered anything from NCIX for about 2 years now. I just pricebeat everything at MemoryExpress nowadays. NCIX prices are yawn-worthy, even during their weekly "sales".

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Update.
Just as it became my turn for a call back, the status of my order changed to shipped, however it's too early for the tracking number to get a result.
What timing!

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to EUS

Premium Member

to EUS
Living in Markham used to make NCIX my go to place as I ordered online after price matching and just picked up my order to save on shipping. I certainly miss having that option now.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

I have yet to find a decent computer parts store in QC anywhere!
There are a couple of junk shops that I like to frequent (for old, odd parts), but the last of the good (new) parts stores closed about 5-6 years ago.
Oh well, at least I save on the 9.975% prov tax ordering from ON, which covers at least the shipping charge.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Canada Computers is pretty decent.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

There was also one in BC I ordered from regularly, but it may have gone out of business. Anitec, that was it, yes it's out of business.
My IT guys always buy from TigerDirect, but I have yet to try them, never found their deals that great.

NCIX Support
@netci.com

NCIX Support to EUS

Anon

to EUS
Hi EUS,

If you could please send me an email to ckinsman@ncix.com, I will gladly look into this for you. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS

Premium Member

Hello, thanks for responding, although I did not receive the red flag.......
All has been received now, thank you.