spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

[Raiding] Thoughts on Guild Changes i made.

Well when MoP dropped we didn't have the right mindset. We had an every man for himself/herself mentality. This was not by choice, rather it was by playstyle. Sme people play this game 26 hours out of a 24 hour day, whilst others play only for 30 mins out of a 24 hour day. This caused struggles as a GM and a RL. After much thought and guildy input, i promoted one of my officers to RL.

I figured a new Xpac, new raids, let's change it up and have a fresh face as our RL. He his kind of excited about the chalenge, as well as me also for not having to do it any more. I also put him in charge of finding our 10th raider being he was gonna RL now. This guy is one of the smartest players i have seen in WoW.

I made this change hoping he would take over and bring us to a new level!
Thoughts???

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Have you been able to "correct" the mindset of the guild? Change can be a good thing... it can also be an uncontrollable thing. Do you two share similar visions for the guild? If so... awesome.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to cigtyme

Premium Member

to cigtyme
RL is as much as command and conquer as it is diplomacy, it isn't for everyone, i would take him to an earlier raid to see how he does it.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme to Immer

to Immer
Yes we set a goal for all players to try an reach when it comes to their iLvL. Everyone is on the same page, or at least knows what the page says and looks like LoL. Yes this player has been with us since the early days. He was one of my first recruits. We are a very small guild. We don't believe in mass numbers. We only have 1 10 man group that raids. starting a second only leads to drama in our opinion.

What are some of the best forums to post recruiting info? Would like to pass info along to him for recruiting purposes.
Are better yet, has anyone ever had any luck using forums as recruiting tools?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

it's the best way imo, try guildox.com.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

1 recommendation

cigtyme

I was told wowprogress, guildox, and icyveins.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

it's the best way imo, try guildox.com.

Also set up a profile on »worldoflogs.com, and »wowprogress.com to set up your guild profile and recruitment pitch.

It can't hurt to also throw something up on your server forum at »us.battle.net/wow/en
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

»us.battle.net/wow/en
i never did this just because of all the baddies that troll the wow forums

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

yes, baddies troll there... but I've found some excellent recruits who never post anything in the forums... but they read through the threads.

You aren't looking for the trolls. Besides, you can smell them. No, you are looking for that person who sees the headline, reads the pitch, then contancts you in-game.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Immer you have a way with words damn. i should put you in charge of recruiting, JK. If i wasnt websensed i would be all over it.

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to cigtyme

Anon

to cigtyme
Who is leading now cig and if you ever change raiding times I can lvl one of my alts to go with what you need
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Vandyn is now our RLeader. And with Superstorm Sandi i may need you tonight, or anyone else for that matter
cigtyme

1 recommendation

cigtyme

Posted some info on the Wow Forums during lunch, and WoW Progress. Started fishing, see if i get a bite.
cigtyme

cigtyme

Someone go to the forums and tell me if it Ghey, or it sounds like it fits the bill. Please

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

It looks good. To change who it was posted by, just click "Edit" and in the edit window, click the down-arrow to the right of your toon's icon and select the Character that should be "posting" it. That should clean it up a bit.

I'd also highly recommend using a Battletag rather than your RealID email addy (gold scammers... ugh).
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Where is my battletag???

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Click for full size
Here is where you can change your Battletag
Go to your Accounts page (you'll have to re-login).
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Cannot now websensed. Was allowed at lunch. Will change when i get home though.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Also on your social tab on the friends list you will see your battle tag at the very top, if not you need to set it up on the page above.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Thanks fellas, Why am i getting a 504 Gateway Time-out
error now trying to log in?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

DSLR servers are under heavy rain right now.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I know as a coonass, who has dealt with many hurricanes and storms, i feel for all those in the NE and my prayers go out to all for their safety.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by cigtyme:

I know as a coonass, who has dealt with many hurricanes and storms, i feel for all those in the NE and my prayers go out to all for their safety.

I am from the Yucatan Peninsula so I know your and their pain. People please stay safe.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Made a Battletag cigtyme#1791 and edited my post

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Awesome. Now your server's forum has a lot of action. Blizzard frowns heavily on "bump" posts, but you need to add something substantive on a daily basis to keep the thread visible on the first page.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Well talking to a couple of recruits, one whom was so impressed, Faction Changed and Server Transfered upon hearing our cajun Accents, lol.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

that's awesome... so good to connect on a personal level, hehe.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Well cajuns, or coonasses, have a way with words. Don't judge us all like those Asshats that play on Swamp People. We all aren't that way.