uniqs

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Nick D

to Nick D

Re: [Raiding] Good bye World of Warcraft

said by Nick D:

If we're saying "screw the contract", that's fine. Just accept that others will view you as a jerk. Maybe that matters to you, because you're like me and you prefer to that random people think of you as a "nice guy".

Maybe you take a view that "it's WoW, 5 mans are srs biz, and when am I ever going to see these guys anyways?", which is reasonable, but it doesn't mean that someone else doesn't see you as a jerk. It's just that it doesn't affect you.

screw it, since i cant get carried and "arrange" loot drops in lfr, I'll queue as my gear can support, (read heals), but stand around and dps in tank spec with shitty tank gear to win tanking shoulders for the tank set I'm trying to build. when i get called out, I'll change my gear and spec before anyone can inspect, then change back before the pull.

/l2ninjabro
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
care about them? they chose what spec class and role they wanted to do, at what point should i start to help them, should i be standing behind them helping them play as well, it is already painfully easy to get gear in this game, so they may have to run a dungeon a few more times or ffs make their own group and interact with guildmates or ppl on their realm to get it, but don't make it seem as if your altruism is akin to saintly duties.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Ya, LFR broke that, I'd even trade gear in LFR, because I felt the other guy needed it more.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
said by Venom14:

said by Nick D:

If we're saying "screw the contract", that's fine. Just accept that others will view you as a jerk. Maybe that matters to you, because you're like me and you prefer to that random people think of you as a "nice guy".

Maybe you take a view that "it's WoW, 5 mans are srs biz, and when am I ever going to see these guys anyways?", which is reasonable, but it doesn't mean that someone else doesn't see you as a jerk. It's just that it doesn't affect you.

screw it, since i cant get carried and "arrange" loot drops in lfr, I'll queue as my gear can support, (read heals), but stand around and dps in tank spec with shitty tank gear to win tanking shoulders for the tank set I'm trying to build. when i get called out, I'll change my gear and spec before anyone can inspect, then change back before the pull.

/l2ninjabro

And I think that's fine, as long as immer is there to pick up the heals.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Jobbie:

So you want me to put all my awesome tank/healing gear on my bag and queue as a dps to do a shitty job ...

No one is saying that.

said by Nick D:

S'what I do. But hey, since I can tank or heal queue real quick, eventually my 5 man group will have no main speccers and voila, personal-morals-approved offspec gear. Win game.

He is saying exactly that.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Ya, LFR broke that, I'd even trade gear in LFR, because I felt the other guy needed it more.

But that's your prerogative, because you won the roll.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
he's saying what he does, dude. And this all started when he suggested that maybe it's okay for someone else to consider what you did a jerk move. And it IS okay... if they hold to the same code of conduct that Nick does. That's all.

It doesn't mean you ARE wrong... just that we can see where someone might consider you wrong.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Thanks immer, that's exactly right.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
It is all good man, I think we have a good discussion here, no need to defend him.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

1 edit

Nick D

Premium Member

When did it become controversial to consider people who roll OS > MS not adhering to the etiquette of LFD?

I did not realize this was a strange opinion.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

he's saying what he does, dude. And this all started when he suggested that maybe it's okay for someone else to consider what you did a jerk move. And it IS okay... if they hold to the same code of conduct that Nick does. That's all.

It doesn't mean you ARE wrong... just that we can see where someone might consider you wrong.

Which is a classic example of someone designing a set of game-play rules for themselves that are not reinforced by the game's mechanics, then raging at someone else for not following them.

He thinks Jobbie is a jerk for not following his (the raging lock's) rules.

I think the newb is a little out of touch with reality and a bit of an immature jerk for raging at someone for not following someone else's expectations.

Then he makes a bunch of threats to the other person for not following his rules, including reporting them to Blizzard and trying to get them banned.

That attitude (follow my rules or else) is way too pervasive in society today.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

When it became controversial to consider people who roll OS > MS not adhering to the etiquette of LFD?

Since the implementation of LFD.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Just to be clear: I'm not defending the warlock's response. He's an idgit.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
except that the notion of MS > OS predates LFD. The game changed, but many still hold onto that form of etiquette. Not unlike continuing to hold doors open for ladies, even though society has enabled ladies to cry "sexual discrimination" rather than simply take the gesture graciously.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Immer:

except that the notion of MS > OS predates LFD. The game changed, but many still hold onto that form of etiquette. Not unlike continuing to hold doors open for ladies, even though society has enabled ladies to cry "sexual discrimination" rather than simply take the gesture graciously.

Oranges to apples.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

except that the notion of MS > OS predates LFD.

Not according to Blizzard.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Just to be clear: I'm not defending the warlock's response. He's an idgit.

Yeah I know, that is why I am enjoying this thread a lot, good debate is always good.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

BTW do you know where the idea of holding doors for ladies came from?

I forgot the specifics but along the lines of letting her test the footing so if it wasn't safe you didn't fall to you death.

Over time people forgot that part and in modern times it allows a longer view of the lady.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

That's no lady!

(it's a space station)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I hear in oldin times ladies were large, because being large was a sign of prosperity back then, so when the tradition started they very well could have been quite fat.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Jobbie

to Jobbie
At least he wasn't this idiot Monk that rolled need on a i476 BoE CLOTH piece and made it soulbound for him and couldn't trade to mage in group.

If he was an enchanter that's a 12K-15K gold shard.. what an ass..

When a tank has not a healing spec (warrior), has no buddy in group and rolls need on the Horseman's ring with spirit that ticks me off... one thing is something you could use another being an ahole because you can.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by djlar:

At least he wasn't this idiot Monk that rolled need on a i476 BoE CLOTH piece and made it soulbound for him and couldn't trade to mage in group.

If he was an enchanter that's a 12K-15K gold shard.. what an ass..

When a tank has not a healing spec (warrior), has no buddy in group and rolls need on the Horseman's ring with spirit that ticks me off... one thing is something you could use another being an ahole because you can.

Now this is being jerk/asshole or whatever insult you come with.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

He used the gold to buy a MS piece.

How is this different?

I'm just trying to figure out why and how a line is drawn.

I'm also really bad at phrasing it so its not pedantic, so ... apologies. But try to take it in an inquisitive light.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

When you take gear from people that you can't / don't plan to use you are being a jerk.

edit:

See how I kept the MS>OS bs outside of it.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Nick D

to Nick D
You can't sell soulbound items.. when you roll need you make it soulboudn, they implemented that on Cataclysm to prevent some ninja looting

when it popped I warned them all, if you click need it will make it souldbound so click need, you'll have a 20% of getting it and sell it on the AH.. the moron clicked need anyways and now he will have to vendor/shard.

BTW a cloth item for a leather wearer WILL NOT improve your ilevel requirements for raids/LFR and viceversa.. try it.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
I see what you're saying but the difference is:

Jobbie is proposing MS = OS > Trash/Vendor/DE/Greed

While the common interpertation is MS > OS > Trash/Vendor/DE/Greed.

The asshole needed a piece that is not OS nor MS, so he's just a griefer.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
I'm going to shard it, sell it, use the gold to fund a MS BOE piece.

So it's an MS roll, right?

I guess this is a slippery slope, and you can use the same argument for rolling need on something you actually wouldn't use for either spec (like all these strength rings my hunter can need on).

"Shard > your gear"

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

I see what you're saying but the difference is:

Jobbie is proposing MS = OS > Trash/Vendor/DE/Greed

While the common interpertation is MS > OS > Trash/Vendor/DE/Greed.

The asshole needed a piece that is not OS nor MS, so he's just a griefer.

Exactly, but it is not what I am proposing, it is what blizzard has imposed on us with the LFD loot rules.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya the need before greed but it does bug sometimes.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by DarkLogix:

Ya the need before greed but it does bug sometimes.

Yeah sometimes we can need on stuff not usable for us, now you would be a jerk, using the thread therms, if you pressed the need button on any of those. That is not how the system is set to work just a bug.