spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jonatay

@att.net

New 2wire 3801hgv not working, but it is replacing a 3800hgv

i was recently shipped a 3801hgv to replace my 3800hgv for intermittent connection issues that would require a reboot. My problem is that my new 3801 will not connect to the Internet at all. I can connect to the 3801 via wireless, but there is no outside connection. I really think this must be a simple setting on the 3801 since I can simply put my 3800 back and it works, but AT&T level 2 support wants to send a tech out. I'm hoping someone can help me before Saturday.

i moved the 3800 red "broadband" connection to the 3801 red "ONT" connection and then the obvious power cable and Ethernet connections.

The broadband light is lit solid green and the service light blinks green for several minutes and then goes out.

When I go to the the 2wire home portal, I go to "settings" then "diagnostics" and on the link test page, it shows "IP connection: An Internet address could not be obtained" if I go to "broadband" tab, it shows "Internet: (yellow dot) connecting" and " broadband link: (green dot) connected"

Links to images are below.

Thanks in advance

Jon

»i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a55···1f35.jpg

»i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a55···a5b6.jpg

»i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a55···52a6.jpg

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

Your uverse internet connection requires the use of 802.11x authentication, which means the 3801 will not authenticate until after at&t enters the 3801's certification

jonatay

@att.net

can they do that over the phone? or does a tech have to come out for that?

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

said by jonatay :

can they do that over the phone? or does a tech have to come out for that?

I can't answer that question.........
You could ask for help with this in the at&t direct forum

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to jonatay

You need a group called "Tier 2 ICU" to remove the old modem's MAC address/info from the ONT, and then your new modem can connect to the ONT and authenticate

Modem swaps on FTTPs is always a bit of an adventure

Either a post in the AT&T direct forum or shoot off an email to uversecare@att.com with your account and contact info, and a link to this thread