Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie

Re: [Raiding] Good bye World of Warcraft

said by Jobbie:

The MS>OS contract was broken with LFD there is no social interaction there, go in pull get loot queue again.

I think the MS>OS contract is one of the few conventions left in LFD, because it's based on an expectation: you've queued as whatever role, as whatever spec, and you're trying for loot on that role/spec. It helps keep a balance, because you limit the competition for particular pieces.

There's so many other ways I do not need to help people. I'm not a jerk if I drop group instead of requeing again. I'm not expected to help these people again by tanking for them, now or at any point in the future. I don't need to switch to an alt and enchant that new piece of gear they just got.

At least I can not ninja the one piece of gear they've been gunning for. It makes me feel better to think they're not raging at me, even though it has no material bearing on my gaming experience.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

So you want me to put all my awesome tank/healing gear on my bag and queue as a dps to do a shitty job and get into a 2 hr queue so I can roll on my MS for that particular moment.

Good.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

So you want me to put all my awesome tank/healing gear on my bag and queue as a dps to do a shitty job and get into a 2 hr queue so I can roll on my MS for that particular moment.

Good.

S'what I do. But hey, since I can tank or heal queue real quick, eventually my 5 man group will have no main speccers and voila, personal-morals-approved offspec gear. Win game.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

said by Jobbie:

Good.

S'what I do. But hey, since I can tank or heal queue real quick, eventually my 5 man group will have no main speccers and voila, personal-morals-approved offspec gear. Win game.

If most of the people did that, there will be not enough tanks/healers in queue, there is already a shortage as it is, or the ones that queue will make the rest of the group suffer their "gearing" process.

No thanks if I can make the group go well fast and easy we all deserve to roll on the stuff we all helped to get.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

So you want me to put all my awesome tank/healing gear on my bag and queue as a dps to do a shitty job ...

No one is saying that. All he is saying is that if someone else needs it more for their main spec, he would rather hand it over than feel like he ninja'd the piece.

You rolled need because Blizz said you could. You won the item. the little lock who could nerd raged on you... which made him look pretty bad. In the end. We (PnE) were with you in countless runs trying to get the stupid holiday boss trinket... and then the rings... we know you handle bad drops and bad rolls much better than that lock did.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
I agree.

I'd rather the group have a geared healer and I might have to roll against him than a gearing healer that can barely get into heroics let along give a silky smooth run.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Jobbie:

So you want me to put all my awesome tank/healing gear on my bag and queue as a dps to do a shitty job ...

No one is saying that.

said by Nick D:

He is saying exactly that.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

he's saying what he does, dude. And this all started when he suggested that maybe it's okay for someone else to consider what you did a jerk move. And it IS okay... if they hold to the same code of conduct that Nick does. That's all.

It doesn't mean you ARE wrong... just that we can see where someone might consider you wrong.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Thanks immer, that's exactly right.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
It is all good man, I think we have a good discussion here, no need to defend him.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

1 edit

Nick D

Premium Member

When did it become controversial to consider people who roll OS > MS not adhering to the etiquette of LFD?

I did not realize this was a strange opinion.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

he's saying what he does, dude. And this all started when he suggested that maybe it's okay for someone else to consider what you did a jerk move. And it IS okay... if they hold to the same code of conduct that Nick does. That's all.

It doesn't mean you ARE wrong... just that we can see where someone might consider you wrong.

Which is a classic example of someone designing a set of game-play rules for themselves that are not reinforced by the game's mechanics, then raging at someone else for not following them.

He thinks Jobbie is a jerk for not following his (the raging lock's) rules.

I think the newb is a little out of touch with reality and a bit of an immature jerk for raging at someone for not following someone else's expectations.

Then he makes a bunch of threats to the other person for not following his rules, including reporting them to Blizzard and trying to get them banned.

That attitude (follow my rules or else) is way too pervasive in society today.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

When it became controversial to consider people who roll OS > MS not adhering to the etiquette of LFD?

Since the implementation of LFD.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Just to be clear: I'm not defending the warlock's response. He's an idgit.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
except that the notion of MS > OS predates LFD. The game changed, but many still hold onto that form of etiquette. Not unlike continuing to hold doors open for ladies, even though society has enabled ladies to cry "sexual discrimination" rather than simply take the gesture graciously.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Immer:

except that the notion of MS > OS predates LFD. The game changed, but many still hold onto that form of etiquette. Not unlike continuing to hold doors open for ladies, even though society has enabled ladies to cry "sexual discrimination" rather than simply take the gesture graciously.

Oranges to apples.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

except that the notion of MS > OS predates LFD.

Not according to Blizzard.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Just to be clear: I'm not defending the warlock's response. He's an idgit.

Yeah I know, that is why I am enjoying this thread a lot, good debate is always good.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

BTW do you know where the idea of holding doors for ladies came from?

I forgot the specifics but along the lines of letting her test the footing so if it wasn't safe you didn't fall to you death.

Over time people forgot that part and in modern times it allows a longer view of the lady.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

That's no lady!

(it's a space station)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I hear in oldin times ladies were large, because being large was a sign of prosperity back then, so when the tradition started they very well could have been quite fat.