join:2002-07-21
Fort Lauderdale, FL

2 edits

jakirk

Premium Member

Fort Lauderdale, FL 105/20

Click for full size
Extreme 105 test
I am a residential customer and I have Extreme 105 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I've had it since Feb 2011 when I upgraded from my Extreme 50 service. I was upgraded to 105/20 about 4 months ago and my speeds have consistently been as shown.

About 2 month ago I had my eMTA swapped to a SMC SMCD3GNV which is an eMTA and 4-port gigabit router with built in 2.4GHz wireless -an all in one box. This swap was handled as a self install (no truck roll to the house) because I went from one eMTA to the SMC eMTA but I was required to authenticated my 911 service telephone number with a special department at Comcast.

I sent by my previous Comcast supplied Arris TM722G eMTA back to Comcast and retired the NetGear WMDR3700 Dual Band router I was using. My home network is pretty simple and I haven't been troubled with the SMC wireless being only 2.4G (not dual band) and also having limited range.

In my setup I use only 1 of the 4 SMC ethernet connections and I connect to a NetGear GS116 (16 port) Gigabit switch. Off the switch are many ethernet connected computers and printers along with 2 ethernet connected wireless AP's.

I was using two Netgear WNDAP350 simultaneous dual band AP's but just switched to two new AMPED Wireless simultaneous dual band 20000G AP's. Very nice AP's and extremely easy to set up and manage-truly approaches plug-n-play on your network. Much quicker speeds than the WNDAP350's.
»www.ampedwireless.com/pr ··· 00g.html

-Jim

See also ---> »Fort Lauderdale, FL
StinyToe
join:2012-12-18
Canonsburg, PA

StinyToe to mig288

to mig288

Re: Post here for Blast upgrade 50/10 or Extreme upgrade 105/20

In my area, Extreme 105 is $79/month if you have a cable package. In my case, this was at my parents house near New Kensington, Pa. where I had done some computer upgrades and in the process upgraded their internet package and modem (swapped out a SB5101 and replaced with SBG6580).