LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList

Re: so memory card slot

You aren't in the minority. Skeechan is in the minority.

How many people have his fabled '15gb+ 1080p concert files' ? How many times do you need to watch this concert?

He's in the minority. Most people plan ahead. Some don't.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by LightS:

You aren't in the minority. Skeechan is in the minority.

How many people have his fabled '15gb+ 1080p concert files' ? How many times do you need to watch this concert?

He's in the minority. Most people plan ahead. Some don't.

Many new apps/games are 2+ GB each. HD movies are over 2GB each. Store some music for playing offline. Store a couple of nandroid backups as well as Titanium backup of apps/settings. My 32GB microSD card is already 98% full. While I have mobile network access available here, when I'm in China the "Google cloud" is blocked (unless I connect with my VPN) or I have to use the relatively expensive mobile network (only get 150MB "free", have to pay huge overage charges) not to mention not having any network on the 16 hour flight there.

The "cloud" isn't yet practical for every day use. Until we have truly ubiquitous mobile data that doesn't cost a fortune, we need a lot of storage. An 8GB phone, even a 16GB model, is simply unusable.

LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS

Premium Member

Okay, first and foremost, I'd love to know which apps and games for either Android/Apple are 2gb+. I've never seen one that's that large in size, please do inform me.

Second, I completely agree with the rest. Personally, I'd prefer the card slots as well. However, I'm not going to make my decision based upon that, whenever I can take a few minutes to sync up my stuff and plan ahead for these fabled transoceanic flights that keep coming up (FYI I don't go on these regularly, haha)