how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nick5417

@murphx.net

Zywall USG 20 site to site VPN

Hello,

I'm attempting to setup a site to site vpn using 2x Zywall USG 20's. Each location has a static ip, site 1 uses a netgear router for internet access and site 2 uses a tp link modem. Both site have access to the internet.

On each USG 20 I have configured a VPN gateway using the sites external ip in the domain name/ip section under My Address and the remote sites ip under peer gateway ip address.

Most other config for the gateways I have left the same other than a preshared key. Nat transversal is on (have tried it off) Encryption I have left as DES to make it as simple as possible for the time being.

I have then setup a VPN connection on both USG's using the VPN gateway I have created for each site. Under policy I have Local Policy LAN1 and remote policy set tot he subnet I made for the other site.

Encryption I have again left on just DES, Encapsulation is Tunnel (default) zone is set to IPSec VPN.

Whenever I click connect from either end I get a box saying "dialling" and after 20 seconds it times out.

I have tried many difference combinations of all different settings, double checked ip addresses and searched for hours on the internet to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Brano
I hate Vogons
Premium,MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
kudos:10

Why don't you post screenshots from your config so we can have a look?
Also please register here so I can PM you with some more info.