Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

moulder3

join:2007-05-21
Boston, MA
reply to LouReed9

Re: HBO GO not available from Comcast?

Actually, according to a Comcast VP, Samsung Smart TVs will soon have access to HBO Go (in early 2013). No word on Ruku, though...

»twitter.com/Matt_CIM/status/2362···58233858

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
said by moulder3:

Actually, according to a Comcast VP, Samsung Smart TVs will soon have access to HBO Go (in early 2013). No word on Ruku, though...

Nice find but I'll believe it when I see it Mulder. The truth is out there...
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

calen

@comcast.net
HBO GO does not work for me over the internet. It will only stream at the lowest resolution, and then it still pauses for buffering every few seconds. The resolution was so low I could not read the opening credits to shows, and those are in big print.

I contacted HBO and they want me to do hours of trouble-shooting before they will even look at their system. Just wish I could get cheaper HBO for not being able to use HBO GO.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to FifthE1ement
said by FifthE1ement:

said by moulder3:

FYI - Just saw this article today about Comcast preparing to launch an Xfinity TV application for Samsung Smart TVs:

Comcast to launch Xfinity app on Samsung TVs
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable - January 3, 2013
»www.fiercecable.com/story/comcas···13-01-03

egeek84
Premium
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
awesome news, thanks for the link Telco! I already have had HBO GO on Xbox 360 but I always found it weird that I didn't have an app for it on my Samsung TV (or any other device for that matter like Ps3 or Apple TV) However I must say that the quality on the 360 isn't very crisp, I still prefer to just watch it through my DVR but if i'm mobile, it isn't too bad on the iPad.

EDIT- I guess I read the article wrong and it just looks like they are gonna be implementing an xfinity app (like the one for 360) but for flash based samsung tvs (that are not out yet) but either way, pretty cool.

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
said by egeek84:

awesome news, thanks for the link Telco! I already have had HBO GO on Xbox 360 but I always found it weird that I didn't have an app for it on my Samsung TV
:
EDIT- I guess I read the article wrong and it just looks like they are gonna be implementing an xfinity app (like the one for 360) but for flash based samsung tvs (that are not out yet) but either way, pretty cool.

From this article »www.techofthehub.com/2012/02/hbo···tvs.html it sounds like some Samsung Smart TV models from 2010 and later already have Flash-enabled browsers that can handle it.

There is a listing of Samsung TV models on their website that are supposed to be compatible with the HBO GO app: »www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/···mpatible

telcodad
Premium
Lincroft, NJ
reply to telcodad
said by telcodad:

said by FifthE1ement:

said by moulder3:

FYI - Just saw this article today about Comcast preparing to launch an Xfinity TV application for Samsung Smart TVs:

Comcast to launch Xfinity app on Samsung TVs
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable - January 3, 2013
»www.fiercecable.com/story/comcas···13-01-03

Looks like the launch of the Xfinity TV app for Samsung Smart TVs continues to be delayed:

Comcast, Time Warner Cable apps not included in new Samsung Smart TV catalog
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable - March 21, 2013
»www.fiercecable.com/story/comcas···13-03-21

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
Here in canada we have TMN Go, which stands for The Movie Network Go, which HBO Canada is part of the movie network, im not sure if you get the movie network in usa, but here only 2 cable companies bell and cogeco offer the TMNGO App but you need to sign in with your cable provider website login.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!